Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    macy70 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jun 13, 2010, 04:36 PM
    Is it a parole violation to move without telling your parole officer?
    Please help! My husband and I have been separated for 4 yrs. He was in prison (assault and drug charges) for the last 2 years, and recently was released on parole. He claims to be living in Anderson county,TX and has all his home visits there. Thing is, he's living here in Smith County,TX with one of his relatives. He keeps stalking me at work, coming to pick our kids up when I'm not at home, without my permission! I've never had the money to legally divorce him, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't have the right to do what he's doing. I don't want my kids to get mad at me for turning him in, but enough is enough! Isn't he violating his probation by living in a different County? Who can I call to turn him in?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 13, 2010, 05:21 PM

If you are not divorced, and have never went to court for a child custody order, of course he has the right to come and pick up his kids anytime, heck he could take them home with him. You have nothing in writing from the court saying you have sole custody do you ?

What "stalking" is he doing, report it to the police, start making a record of it that you can prove.

Call his PO and tell the PO all of this also
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2010, 06:42 AM

Hello m:

If you turn him in, your kids will HATE you. And, I don't blame 'em.

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2010, 07:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by macy70 View Post
    Please help! My husband and I have been seperated for 4 yrs. He was in prison (assault and drug charges) for the last 2 years, and recently was released on parole. He claims to be living in Anderson county,TX and has all his home visits there. Thing is, he's living here in Smith County,TX with one of his relatives. He keeps stalking me at work, coming to pick our kids up when I'm not at home, without my permission! I've never had the money to legally divorce him, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't have the right to do what he's doing. I don't want my kids to get mad at me for turning him in, but enough is enough! Isn't he violating his probation by living in a different County? Who can I call to turn him in?
    If he is not living at the address full time where his PO thinks he is, definitely call the PO and inform them of his physical whereabouts. It is not allowed to live at a different address while on parole. That can and will be a violation and could and will land him back in prison. And if you do turn him in and don't want your kids mad at you just don't tell them. You don't even have to go into the part where he is stalking you either.

Jun 14, 2010, 12:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    If he is not living at the address full time where his PO thinks he is, definitely call the PO and inform them of his physical whereabouts. It is not allowed to live at a different address while on parole. That can and will be a violation and could and will land him back in prison. And if you do turn him in and don't want your kids mad at you just don't tell them. You don't even have to go into the part where he is stalking you either.
    Thank you so much for the info!

Jun 14, 2010, 12:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello m:

If you turn him in, your kids will HATE you. And, I don't blame 'em.

excon
    I'll be praying for you..
    shopgirl1967 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2012, 07:20 AM
    Can a parole officer lock you up for driving your wife to her appointments?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2012, 07:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shopgirl1967 View Post
    Hello s:

Of course not... But, I'll bet there's MORE to this story, and I can give you a better answer if I know the WHOLE story.

Why don't you start your own thread and explain things??

excon
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2012, 07:33 AM
    He did - 2 threads, somewhat different info, not enough info to know.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 8, 2012, 07:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shopgirl1967 View Post
    Maybe.

• If the wife's appointments are with her drug dealer;
    • If you don't have a valid driver's license;
    • If the car you are driving is not street-legal;
    • If you are driving in violation of the rules of the road;
    • If the conditions of your parole include a provision that you don't drive; or
    • If any number of other possibilities exist.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between Parole officer & Probation officer [ 7 Answers ]

What is the difference between Parole officer & Probation officer? If anybody know about this, please let me know.

Parole Officer Compliant [ 1 Answers ]

Who do you file a complaint with concerning a Parole Officer in Bmt TX. My boyfriend has been asking for his PO deputy officer and no one can assist him. The P.O pops up to the house with informing anyone, she knows he is on house arrest and can not leave certain times of the day yet she asks for...

Complaint against parole officer [ 17 Answers ]

I was wondering if I could file a grievance or some other complaint against my husbands parole officer or if he could, we live in Illinois.

Parole Officer Asking Intimate Questions [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! My boyfriend was charged by the police last Dec/08 for assault and damage of property! He DID NOT physically assault me! After two months of him being incarcerated in an Ontario Detention Centre he has been assigned a P/O. He is doing very well and is attending all of the agree'd counseling...

Petitioning to a Parole Officer [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to send a letter to my brother's parole officer asking for them to help my brother get help (rehabilitation). The system is broken, as he's been in and out of the system for almost 20 years now. He'll get out, can't find work due to his felon and he's released back into the same type...

View more questions Search