Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    strawberrylover Posts: 45, Reputation: 0

Jun 13, 2010, 01:09 PM
    Could I be Obsessive compuslive?
    I was watching a how on OCD and noticed one of the girls on it had a little in common with myself. I was just curious, are these examples of OCD? Say there is something I REALLY want to do, like travel, or I REALLY like the colour purple or the number 16 or am REALLY into a sport, as soon as I come across someone else who likes or wants to do the same things as me, I immediately don't want to do them or even like them anymore, and sometimes feel angry at the other person (although I want say anything of course, I sense the feelings of anger towards them) As if it was MY special thing... and I begin searching for a new hobby or interest all together, find one, go along with it, until I come across the next person who is similar. I realize this could mess up my life, because I may never be happy with what makes me happy, trying to be unique I may end up doing nothing and have no interests. Is this obessive compulsive behaviour? It's not very bad, but I am scared it may get worst instead of better. I also am VERY annoyed when I see people speaking gently, or touching objects gently, this REALLY bothers me and is the same thing that the girl on TV was suffering from, I related to her exactly and knew exactly how it could bother her. I always thought OCD was just washing your hands over and over or doing something else over and over... but are the things I've described possibly symptoms of OCD? Also when I was little I remember always visulizing a car going in a circle, and it would get stuck and keep going even when I wanted to stop thinking about it and picturing it, correcting it I had to make it go as many times around in the opposite direction... this stopped thank god but I remember it being very annoying and happening to me often when I was younger.
    strawberrylover Posts: 45, Reputation: 0

Jun 13, 2010, 01:11 PM

**Show... **won't
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2010, 11:13 PM
    Hi, strawberrylover!

It's possible that you might have some obsessive/compulsive tendencies. But, whether you truly are or not, the only way to know for sure, would be to see a professional about it.

I know that I'm a bit OCD myself in that when I know that I've done a very small task, like shutting a door and making sure that it's locked, I'll check it not once, but two or three times in order to make sure that it's locked, even though the first time I checked it should have been proof enough. Also, before going on a vacation or even before I need to get to a job to do for someone, I'll go over and over the list of things that I need to make sure that I have everything. Sometimes, being a bit OCD can distract me and cause me to be late to some activities, also.

Do you consider yourself to be a perfectionist at all, please?

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Obsessive and overprotective [ 4 Answers ]

I've been in a relationship for the past two years.. and I really love the guy a lot.. but lately I have noticed that I am turning into this overprotective person... im really worried about what he is doing, I'm devastated when he gets hurt, I end up yelling at him for not taking care of himself...

Obsessive feelings [ 2 Answers ]

I saw a movie which was beautiful and I was fascinated with innocent character and love she exibited. I could not contriole my thoughts and feel like watching the movie several times. Is this OCD

Am I too obsessive? [ 107 Answers ]

Its been a month and a half of NO CONTACT. I finally stuck to it. But the only thing is that I'm hurting over my ex-girlfriend. It wasn't like she went around the world and back for me. I was the one going out of my way for her. But I'm still hurting. Can't stop thinking about her and the...

Obsessive about cleaning [ 11 Answers ]

I have, for the past 15 or so years, been obsessive about cleaning my house. Everything has to be in perfect order. I cannot have stuff laying around, the floors, counters and rugs must be cleaned everyday. Bathrooms must be scrubbed-with bleach or cleanser. My husband thinks I am nuts and...

Obsessive Thoughts [ 5 Answers ]

WHy do I have thoughts of the same person all the time?

View more questions Search