North Korea
    Ivory Coast
    Portugal

Group H
    Spain
    Switzerland
    Honduras
    Chile

England Vs USA 1-1, should have been a cakewalk for England, but ended up being a very pedestrian game.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 13, 2010, 03:11 AM

Totally awesome, cb. Last world cup they highlited the wives power shopping. I just got rid of hockey and Chicago taking the Stanley Cup. Our TV went caput, so my son hooked up a large computer monitor so we could watch the game, life is good so far. Now, this Sunday morning, I am watching Coronation Street so I can catch up on all the ones I missed through the week.

You have a great day !

PS Oh and now Beckam will get another 500 million to be the spokesperson for the World Cup. But, hey, what better choice !

Edit: and you didn't say anything about Robert Green's 'gaffe'. They called it a gaffe, god, he should be committing harre carre by now! (to those who don't know, Robert Green is the english goalkeeper who missed the ball and gave a l:l tie with the US.)

Tick
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2010, 03:24 PM

Well... so far there's been a few shocks to put it mildly.

What about Spain today,I couldn't believe it... 1-0 to Switzerland..

Fabulous skills by Spain but at the end of the day it's all about balls in nets... even if the goal was a bit of a scrappy one, it still counts, well done Switzerland.

Then of course Brazil v Korea.
    Everyone thought Korea are going to get done at least 8-0, when in fact it ended up 2-1 to Brazil.
    The Koreans really impressed me, they were every where covering every inch of the pitch, basically stopping Brazil from playing with any of their usual flair, in fact they looked a shadow of their former selves, the Koreans were fast effective all over the pitch right to the very end,to score against the Brazilians will surely go down in history.

Germany v Austalia.ended 4-0 to Germany, they were organized, disciplined, played good football, I think they'll go far in the tournament, although for some reason I didn't find the game exciting.Australia were well out of their depth.

Uruguay Played South Africa tonight ending with 3-0 to Uruguay.
    Diago Forlan mainly running the show for Uruguay, Africa were no match for them especially when their goal keeper was red carded, leaving them with 10 men.Uruguay were obviously the better team from the first minute,Africa seemed to be shut down from every position on the field, when they did get the ball, they couldn't hang onto it.
    Towards the end of the game there was some improvement, but it was to little to late... their fans left in droves before the match had finished.
    I have to say my heart went out to them, I desperately wanted them to score, especially this being a historic day for them.Maybe they'll be lucky against the French, now they were very poor,Italy wasn't much better.

I think for me... Korea,Spain, and
    Paraguay have been the most enjoyable matches to watch... I'm sure that will change as the tournament progresses.

It seems the ball is getting lots of attention... apparently made differently, swerves when it shouldn't, won't stay down, makes passing difficult... and then of course makes it impossible for the goalkeepers to catch... em!!

We won't talk about... vous, vous salaz, have no idea how it should be spelt, but my ears have been ringing for days now...

May the best team or maybe I should say the cleverest team win the world cup... cheers to you all
    rpray2007 Posts: 319, Reputation: 23

Jul 2, 2010, 11:51 AM
    Interesting to see how England got sent home by Germany... And today, Brazil get's showed everyone how not to loose a winning game... very sad for Brazil but great football by Holland.

Expert

Jul 2, 2010, 12:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rpray2007 View Post
    Interesting to see how England got sent home by Germany...And today, Brazil get's showed everyone how not to loose a winning game...very sad for Brazil but great football by Holland.
    Yes, very bad show, that foot smash to his hamstring of the Dutch player(by the Brazil play, forget name). All in all, it has and will still be exciting except for the voovalas, or however its spelled.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 2, 2010, 01:31 PM
    So tomorrow we have:
    Argentina vs. Germany
    And
    Paraguay vs. Spain

Should be easy for Spain, but no idea on A Vs G.
    Expert

Jul 2, 2010, 02:59 PM

A lot of hot blood in Argentina. Germans pretty laid back and deliberate. Oh, really, should be an exciting game.

Paraquay and Spain. Don't know.

Why are we down to hot blooded spaniards (mixed with a lot of different south american blood).

Sorry, I always look on the genetic side of things.

Its okay, CB, you don't have to comment on my post.

Edit: just went back and looked at your avee, love it, looks like my movie I picked for tonight. Does that have anything to do with your thoughts on the genetic issue.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Football world cup 2006 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Did Wayne rooney (Player form England football team) played in football world cup 2006 If yes was he top goal scoere for england team ? Answer my Q :p

World Cup 2006 [ 32 Answers ]

Now that the first round is over, we on the 16th round. I would LOVE for england to win it.. I'm a BIG fan, have always been, but their football tactics surprise me sometimes (but not in a good way :mad: ). Who do you think will become world cup champions 2006? Or you do you think will play...

US eliminated in the first round at the world cup [ 4 Answers ]

Yes its official! The U.S. number 5 ranking was the biggest joke in sports. Can we get some players that can score goals? What's with Bruce Arena playing a 4-5-1?

USA chances in next years World Cup [ 5 Answers ]

I was disappointed by the performance of the USA in their friendly game with Scotland (a team who have never won a friendly at home in some 10 years) and wondered what others thought the chances of the USA beating teams like Brazil, England, Germany and Argentina and winning the competition?

Who is most likely to win the 2006 world cup? [ 9 Answers ]

Well my team is Argentina but I can't help to see what a team Brazil has come up with in this world cup. First let me add that anything is possible and even ghana can win(not likely). Anyway, I think Brazil has the best team ever possibly made. Their defense consist of Cafu, Cicinho, Edmilson,...

View more questions Search