Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    summer7 Posts: 344, Reputation: 44

Jun 12, 2010, 04:07 PM
    Question about copyright site
    Hi there,
    I have a question about a copyright site MyFreeCopyright.com: FREE Copyright Protection. I have quite a few things I want to copyright but I was reading their terms and they mention the following:

By accessing any of the (their company name here) sites or using any services provided, you are agreeing to understand and be linked to the terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”) and Privacy Policy. (their company name here) reserves the right to change or update the Terms of Service at any time without notice. All new features and services will be included under the (their company name here) Terms of Service and with your use of our services and site, you acknowledge and agree to these “Terms of Service”.

I don't like the fact that they can change their terms at any time without notifying me. Would any change they make necessarily harm the people using their service? Could they make the change that our material belongs to them? Why would they not notify us?

When I read this I felt I should not use their service but thought I would ask anyway. I would love to hear your thoughts on this. Can you offer a better solution. Again, I have quite a few things I want to copyright and this will get expensive for me.

Thank you so much!:)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 12, 2010, 04:19 PM

This site is not doing any copyright of your material with the Federal Government, it is merely storing your info in their computer files to prove it was posted or given to them at a certain date.

If you want a real copy right go to the government nand do a real one U.S. Copyright Office

Jun 12, 2010, 04:22 PM

Thank you so much for responding!!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 12, 2010, 04:25 PM
    Your work is copyrighted automatically upon completion, but registering it with the US Copyright Office is best, especially if your work gets stolen or plagiarized. Then you have official proof that it is really yours.

Jun 12, 2010, 05:01 PM

Thanks for responding!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2010, 11:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Your work is copyrighted automatically upon completion, but registering it with the US Copyright Office is best, especially if your work gets stolen or plagiarized. Then you have official proof that it is really yours.
    Yes, it is automatically copyrighted, if in the United States.

Jun 13, 2010, 08:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Thanks Clough!! :):p:D
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2010, 12:52 AM
    Originally Posted by Clough

Quote Originally Posted by summer7 View Post
    Thanks Clough!! :):p:D
    By the way, WELCOME BACK! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet Image Search (Very first question to the site) [ 6 Answers ]

Here is my very first question to this site. Let's see if it works... Imagine a logo (car, company, brand, etc... ) that is really easy for you to draw but don't have any informations about. Is it possible to find the origins and relations of this logo just using internet search engines? ...

Trying to log in to site and had to ask question [ 4 Answers ]

Welcome Jernjen to the site:( :o

View more questions Search