Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tommyhawk7669 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2010, 08:21 AM
    Unemployed girlfriend living in my home with son do I need to pay child support?
    My girlfriend of eight years and my son live in my home (my son is two). Three months ago she tells me she wants out of the relationship. I tell she's free to go but she won't leave. She is a stay at home mom and does not have the economic ability to leave. To months go by and I'm sleeping in a separate
    Bedroom but continue to support her and my son including paying her health care,school loans and credit card debt. I build up a little anger and we had a fight and I broke some dishes. So she filled a restraining order against me now I can''t go in my own home or see my child. She has also now filed for child support! What I'm really worried about is the she leaves the state since she has no family here, and I will not see my son again.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 12, 2010, 08:50 AM

So you evict her from your house. After that of course if she gets a support order, you have to pay child support, but you can also charge her rent, now that you are not living together, give her 30 day notice of the proper rent she has to pay.

But since child custody issues are involved, you need an attorney anyway, so get one
    nicoledisuza Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    -

Aug 19, 2011, 05:03 AM
    This is simply not done. How can she live in your house comfortably while you cannot go there or live with your son. She seems to be quite intelligent in her moves. Take some expert advice and avoid acting in haste because your child is involved in the whole scenario and you may further deteriorate your situation. Take legal action against her and ask her to pay the rent. Also get your son's support in the case and take him in confidence if you can ever meet him, secretly though.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Aug 19, 2011, 08:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoledisuza View Post
    .... Also get your son's support in the case and take him in confidence if you can ever meet him, secretly though.
    He's two years old! How is OP suppose to meet him secretly? :rolleyes:

No, one should not, ever, try to get children to take sides in a dispute between the childrens' parents. Terrible advice.
    :eek:
    kentstar Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Aug 19, 2011, 11:01 AM
    Well said AKlawyer! NEVER put the kids in the middle of the Parents problems and fight! Keep them out of it, and deal with the girlfriend only. And Don't let her put the kid in the middle either. Not cool!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to see my son and pay child support! [ 4 Answers ]

My son mother moved to Las Vegas when he was 3 years old at this time me and her was together living in the same house and every thing . She went down to the walfare office and told them she did not know were I was but at the time I was right there with her and my son. Now 13 years later since we...

What to do when you are unemployed and cannot pay child support and behind [ 3 Answers ]

I have a friend who is living in Florida and cannot pay his child support. He has fallen on hard times, is $20K behind, and cannot pay as he does not have a job but is actively looking for one in Florida. He does not have the money to obtain an atty but also cannot quality for legal aid because...

Paying child support but unable to pay for in home expenses. [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend has been paying child support for a daughter that he made on a one night stand. Granted he wants to be a father NO MATTER WHAT, he seems to be paying too much to provide for our daughter and our expenses as a family. Is there any way that he can get these lowered so that we can be a...

Father of son doesn't have to pay child support [ 1 Answers ]

He is married for the third time and having his fifth child. His first three children he hasn't seen since 2001 or paid child support for them. They live in another state. I have one child that is now foru by the man. He owns his own business and claims he makes less than minimum wage and...

Retro Pay of Child Support when son is adopted [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! Just wanted to find out if and how I can get my son's biological father for retro Child Support. My husband adopted my son in 2003. The biological father is not on the birth certificate nor has he been an active role in my son's life. I understand that I must establish paternity first,...

View more questions Search