Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paparick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2010, 06:48 AM
    My wife and I are both disabled. We live on 32k per year we have filed ch.13 bankrupt
    Is there any help for my wife and I. we are both disabled with a combined income of $32,800 per year. We had to file ch13 bankruptcy to keep our home. Our medical bills are out of sight. I now pay $1700 per month to ch. 13. That leaves about $1000 for everything else. Each month we can't make all of our payments. Wher can I find help if any. I live in Arkansas
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 12, 2010, 07:01 AM

You need to talk to your bankruptcy lawyer and advise them of what is going on. It sounds like it should have been filed differently. Like a chapter 7 instead.

Also it seems your being pulled below the federal poverty level with the payments to it. You need to discuss that also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

F1 student filed 1040A last year, filed 1040NR EZ this year. How to file 1040x? [ 5 Answers ]

I am an F1 student in USA for last 3 years. The first year (2007) I filed 1040 NR EZ. For 2008 I used turbotax and filed 1040A which I realized to be a mistake later. Now I filed 1040 NR EZ for 2009 last week. Now how do I amend my last year's returns? Also I worked for a few months last year...

Hi, I filed as a married non-resident alien last year, with my wife as dependent [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I filed as a married non-resident alien last year, with my wife as dependent. We also mailed a W-7 but never got a ITIN! (I missed mailing form 8843 though). This year I am resident alien for tax purposes and I am trying to file a joint return. How do I do it? Wife is out of the country and is...

Disabled 20 year old wants to live alone [ 2 Answers ]

My 20 year old son is emotionally disabled.. I am his representative payee and responsible for his money. He does not want to live with me and has decided to live with friends in an apartment.. is this legal? Am I responsible for him until he is 21 years old? Can I just pay for the apartment he...

Married filing jointly with wife as NRA and does not live with him for whole year [ 5 Answers ]

My friend is a US citizen got married on Nov 2007 in his native country. His wife came to US as permanent resident in March 2009, and she might be able to get her SSN in two weeks time. What will be the effect on his 2008 Income tax return? Can he file married filing jointly or married filing...

View more questions Search