Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    james_j_m Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2006, 08:00 PM
    Epoxy Coated Bathroom Floors
    I've seen several bathroom floors with what looks like an epoxy coating with a grit (probably sand) added in commercial applications (bathrooms). Is such a coating suitable for a shower floor? I am doing a 5' X 5' euro-style shower with a 2 foot wide maze going out. No pre-fab shower pan will fit this so I'm doing the rubber mat and concrete. But to top it off the standard would be 1 inch tile. However, the reason I'm doing this project in the first place, is because of a bad grout job by the guy who built the first shower. So to avoid grout I'm hoping to use an epoxy coating. Suggestions? Is there a particular type of epoxy that is used commercially for such an application? Is sand a good enough grit? Etc...
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Dec 16, 2006, 10:26 AM
    You would have to check the manufactures installation instructions to see if that would be a suitable surface in a shower area.
    I see that epoxy in garages and dog kennels/vets, etc. because its easy to clean and durable.
    Knucklez Posts: 129, Reputation: 2

Dec 17, 2006, 12:10 PM
    Hi james,

I was thinking of doing the same sort of thing because my bathroom has pine planks and I want to protect them.

I have found epoxy resin that is poured and specifically designed for wood. It is hard to find for sale in stores though. Sometimes you see it in marine epoxy for boats. I did find it on eBay, probably the best price but hope the shipping is not too expensive.

http://stores.ebay.ca/Polymer-Produc...-Epoxy-Experts

Knucklez

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drug-coated Stents pose problem! [ 5 Answers ]

If anyone has stents that were drug-coated please read. I for one do has them, Have made appointment with doctor to discuss options on these mini time bombs. Is there is legal recourse since this will happen one day? http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15816251/

New basement bathroom floors/walls [ 5 Answers ]

Hi All, I am looking to build a bathroom in our basement. The room will be positioned right next to the sewer line which exits just above the concrete floor. We have a drain pipe in place for a toilet and have to begin framing the floor and walls. The toilet will have to be 9" off the concrete...

Furring walls with epoxy [ 1 Answers ]

I have read several times that fastening furring strips (treated 2x4s) to concrete foundation walls with tapcons or shot driven nails may result in cracks and later leaks. Does anyone have a tried and true method of attaching furring to the foundation wall with some sort of epoxy instead?

View more questions Search