Jun 11, 2010, 06:29 AM
    Finding a file in VLC
    I was told that to resolve a problem I have with VLC , to remove the file
    %appdata%\vlc .
    How do I find the file?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2010, 06:41 AM
    Much, much easier to uninstall the app and download a fresh version. After the uninstall you could run a Registry cleaner such as Ccleaner.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Jun 11, 2010, 07:02 AM

I should have mentioned that I have done that. Sorry about that. I also use an uninstaller that takes care of the Registry (Revo Uninstaller)
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2010, 07:10 AM
    Ok then. Open up Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer) and paste %appdata%\vlc in the address bar.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Jun 11, 2010, 08:39 AM
    Thank you. I found it, deleted it. And VLC is working again.
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2010, 09:05 AM
    Well done. I love VLC too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wait and file first year choice or go ahead file as a non-resident alien [ 1 Answers ]

Dear TAx Expert, I was on F1/OPT until July 30th and changed to H-1B on August 25th. I earned less than 4,500.00 during my OPT and had a total income of 16000 on H-1B. Should I file an extension and make First Year Choice after I pass the SPT or just go ahead to file the tax return as a...

H4 Visa: 2007 Tax Filing Status - To file or Not to File [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am on H4 from 2006. Filed tax for 2006 using ITN with my spouse(H1) as Joint Return. My spouse wants to do Married filing Separately FOR 2007. My question is for 2007, 1) Do I need to file a separate return in spite of lack of income(H4) ? 2) Or do I just leave it as such and not file at...

File W-7 form without tax return and why to file as a resident alien? [ 1 Answers ]

I came to USA in August 2004 on F1 Visa. I graduated and change status to H1b visa from October 2007. Now, I got married and my hasband came to USA on January 2008 on H4 visa. I have my brothers whom I can claim as they have green card and not earning anything. I will have to wait till May 2008...

File as married & self-employed: live in NY and do biz in Florida. Where do I file? [ 1 Answers ]

I moved to NY in the beginning of 2007. I am a freelance designer and I do business with clients in New York and Florida. I receive 1099s from my clients, both in New York and Florida, but i am not sure were do I have to file. Could you please clarify this for me? Thank you.

Finding the file extension that a Program uses [ 8 Answers ]

Not having any luck with Google on this one. The question: What file extension does a database file created by Avanquest's Database Professional have? I know about FILExt - The File Extension Source for searching by file extension, but does anyone know of a search tool to search by software...

View more questions Search