Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mar1162 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2006, 05:06 AM
    Living Religions
    How are newer religions different from older ones?
    How are they similar?:confused:
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Dec 26, 2006, 04:16 PM
    Doctrinally, newness might merely be a subjective opinion. Some religions based on a restoration of doctrines which the seemingly older ones abandoned might appear to be new. For example, there are many customs which were not originally practiced by Christians. Religions which shun these customs might appear to be new but are actually harking back to the first century when such customs weren't practiced. So in view of this, which is really the new and which is really the older?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monotheistic Religions [ 23 Answers ]

What can I do to compare and contrast the theological foundations and spiritual practices of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam?

Gender equality in the mainstream religions [ 19 Answers ]

One of significant shortfalls of the "Great book religions" (IMHO) is their insistence on the inequality of the sexes. Even for those few varieties of western Protestantism that allow women to be priests and bishops, inequality is still fixed into the foundations of the theology. The myths of...

We are 2 different Religions! [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, my name is Leesand, I am a sophomore at college. I have known my boyfriend for a while, and we became really good friends when he was a senior in high school, and I a freshmen in college. Well we started dating in October, so its been 7 months. We both love each other but there is one...

Can a child be baptized into 2 religions? [ 3 Answers ]

I am English and my husband is Greek and we live in Ireland. My son age 7 was born in Belgium and has a British passport. My husband is going to baptize him in Athens, Greece over Easter so he will be Greek Orthodox, but I want to baptize him in England so he is church of England like myself. Is...

View more questions Search