Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    username2007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2010, 04:00 PM
    "cleanest" air intake duct?
    I'm looking for the "cleanest" possible material for 8' of fresh air intake duct (no PVC, VOCs or other toxic materials). How does flexible aluminum duct (3" diameter, class 0) rate in terms of air quality?

What about the new HDPE stuff?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Jun 11, 2010, 05:24 PM

Don't use flexible, it collect dirt easier than straight sheet metal

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Central heater will not work on "auto" and blows cool air when on "man" [ 2 Answers ]

OK my central heater blower will not come on at all when on auto, and when on manual/on it just blows cool air out of vents. I was told to put a jumper wire on (w) to (g)wires at the thermostat, (I think) to check it, but not sure exactly. Is that the thermostat on wall or what? The pilot light is...

Wiring "in duct" fans to main blower circuit ? [ 6 Answers ]

HI, I have a self contained heating/air unit mounted outside the house. Everything runs fine but was getting hot and cold spots inside. Mounted two in duct fans to"push" the air to all registers evenly. I want to wire it to the unit blower so they all come on at the same time. At the unit...

Duct on bottom of mobile home furnace can I make into cold air intake [ 2 Answers ]

There is a duct on the bottom of my furnace and it says not to block that it can cause an explosion I would like to know if I can make it into a cold air intake for my house trailer seeing how there isn't any cold air returns and it cost me a little more than 400.00 dollars a month for propane and...

View more questions Search