Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jfeeley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2010, 07:20 AM
    What angle do I cut to get a 120 degree angle?
    I want to get a 120 degree bend. What angle to I cut the two pipes that go together to make the 120 degree angle?
    dannac Posts: 267, Reputation: 9

Jun 10, 2010, 09:12 AM

I'm thinking 60...

creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2010, 10:56 AM

Dan has nailed it. Two 60 degree cuts will give u 120 degrees when put together.

Chuck
    Theswagg01 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2010, 11:47 AM

You can cut the pipes at any angle as long as the two added up make 120°, unless you want the centered cut look. Two 60° pieces are assuming that there is no obstruction I imagine.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2010, 09:32 PM

If u cut different size angles, they will not match up. The larger angle cut will be longer then the smaller angle.

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to lay out a pattern to cut 45 degree angle on a 8 inch pipe [ 1 Answers ]

I want to cut a 45degree angle on a 8inch steel pipe so that I can put the to 45 degree angles together and weld them. How can this angle be laid out on paper for pattern.Thank you Builderbob27b.

Miter cut angle [ 1 Answers ]

I know it's a bevel cut. The fascia boards are joined at the corners. I tried a 45 degree bevel Angle but the boards cuts would not line up. What is the adjustment # on the miter saw?25768 My Miter saw only banks to the left for fascia boards, trim, maybe that is the problem?

Velocity at 30 degree angle [ 3 Answers ]

I want to check if I am on the right track. Question: Santa loses his footing and slides down a frictionless snowy roof that is tilted at 30 degrees. If Santa slides 10m before reaching the edge, what is his speed as he leaves the roof? Would I use ax=g sin (theta) and then take my results...

Installing ceiling fan on 70 degree angle [ 3 Answers ]

Help I am trying to install a ceiling fan on a sloped ceiling, 70 egree angle. I am just replacing the one the builder put in, but I can't find one that will fit that steep of a sloap. The one I am trying to install is a harbor breeze model from Lowe's. Then I went to Home Depot and asked what...

View more questions Search