Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rt2008 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2010, 06:41 PM
    If charged six years jail time and 4 years probation will you serve all 6 years jail
    My exhusband was charged with theft by bring stolen property into state, theft by taking, theft by receiving stolen property, criminal trespass, aggravated cruelty to animals, removal of id items from animals. His sentence is 6 years jail time and 4 years probation. Will he serve all 6 years jail time? Has pending charges in another state. Also does 1 day in county jail equal 2 days time served?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2010, 06:44 PM

Hello rt:

Time off for good behavior is different for every state.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 9, 2010, 07:12 PM

Time in county here is just equal to time in prison, so if your local area offers something different, then it is just local.

First he will be looking at parole to get out before the 6 years, plus will the other place that has a warrant for him, take him to court now, he may be able to plea agree to serve the time together. If not, they may just have a warrant hold on him when he gets paroled, to stand trial then. He really needs his attorney working on this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I be on probation and serve jail time at the same time [ 1 Answers ]

I am serving 3 years probation and have to use vacation time to go to jail. In one year I have to serve 3 weeks the next year I have to serve 4. Is this legal? Isn't it either one or the other? I also have no contact with co-defendant as well and the victim.

Ex in jail for 32 years for aggravated assult. [ 4 Answers ]

I am hoping someone may have a good idea for me, I am at a loss. This crime occurred in Brownsville, Texas by the way. Back in 2005 my ex husband was making his way home from a bar. He was intoxicated and broke into someone's home. According to the newpaper article he attempted to fondle the woman...

How much time do you serve on 4 years probation on a violation in Tennessee [ 1 Answers ]

My husband is on 4 years probation for a felony drug charge. He recently got arrestde on probable cause for being at a house with stolen property. He was arrested on a violation of probation but case is still pending on the probable cause. What are his chances of being reinstated for probation even...

Probation Jail Time [ 2 Answers ]

I know someone who's on probation for 5 yrs he's already survied 2 years does anyone know how long he'd haft to servie if his probation gets revoked?

Can I serve jail time to end my probation? [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently on probation for my 2nd M.I.P. (minor in possession of alcohol) in the state of Michigan. I was originally sentenced to 3 months of probation, but in the third week of my probation back in January, I unfortunately failed a drop. I got a violation, and the judge added 3 months to my...

View more questions Search