Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bjvb997 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2010, 01:04 PM
    The outside ac unit runs constantly. Inside for instance seems to work correctly, ne
    The outside ac unit runs constantly. Inside for instance seems to work correctly, new thermostat that will turn the inside fan on when its suppose to. It seems to cool rather well but the only way to turn the outside unit of is to flip the breaker. Is there a switch in the outside unit that's controlled from the thermostat that could be stuck? The only other problem (if it is a problem) is one of the lines outside high or low side gets frost build up on it. A little frost I can see but this is pretty thick, at least 1/4 of an inch even when its not that warm outside.
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2010, 02:33 PM

Must be a stuck contactor

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AC Fan Runs Constantly Even if Unit is Turned Off! [ 25 Answers ]

I have a two story house with two air conditioning units. One for the upstairs and one for the downstairs. I rarely if ever use the upstairs unit because the master bedroom is downstairs and no one lives upstairs. I had some company in town the other day and when we cut the air on it ran...

Rheem Central A/C Unit -- Outside Fan Runs Constantly [ 7 Answers ]

Our unit is a RHEEM Classic and was manufactured in 2000. Model #RAMB-048-JAZ The outside fan never turns off. The inside unit runs as it should and cycles on and off appropriately and the A/C cools great. The problem is that we have to go out and remove the disconnect (breaker) outside in order...

AC Fan Runs Constantly Even if Unit is Turned Off! [ 13 Answers ]

I have looked up this question here already, but it was for a furnace. My question is the same but with a standard outdorr AC unit fan by protech/emerson electric model# K55HXPZG-5379. The blade also has trouble on start up, it tries to move, but only works with a tap on the blade itself. I have...

Trane 5000 fan on unit inside home runs even with switch in off position [ 1 Answers ]

I have a trane 5000 unit that operates well, however, on the walll switch, you cannot turn of the fan and it runs if the unit is on whether on off or auto position. I have to turn off fan at awitch inside home.

Intertherm Inc. Model 9007590 heating/ac unit fan runs constantly when on 'cool'. [ 2 Answers ]

I recently moved into a mobile home that has an Intertherm Inc. Model 9007590 Heating/Cooling unit. I am trying to use the AC and when I turn both the thermostat and the unit to 'cool' the fan will not shut off on the unit. I have turned the thermostat up to 80 and it still runs. How do I get it...

View more questions Search