Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    italiangal50 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2010, 09:32 AM
    Is job termination by email legal in virginia
    I would like to know if it is legal in the state of Virginia to fire someone by e-mail?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 9, 2010, 09:33 AM
    Why wouldn't it be?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 9, 2010, 09:35 AM
    It's a coward's way out, but I don't think it's illegal as you are creating a paper trail.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Legal Termination of an Apartment Lease Agreement [ 8 Answers ]

My name was on an apartment lease (I signed, along with my son) for a lease period of one year. After a year, my son remained in the apartment and paid the rent himself. I now live in another city. After the one-year period of the lease is up, unless I (or my son) signed another lease, isn't...

Salary termination w/pay dock is it legal [ 4 Answers ]

My names Jacob and my question is. I work 80+ hrs a week that I agreed to in the beginning, with the assurance that more people would be hired as the buis grew. But today I slept in and misses work. I wrote a text message to my boss not my employer stating how I felt about the long hours and that...

Notice of Termination for Month To Month tenancy - Virginia [ 22 Answers ]

Hello all, We have been renting this unit from a landlord who is giving us a bit of trouble. We signed the lease on June 2006 and the lease ended on June 2007 so now it’s month-to-month. On March 31, 2007 the landlord sent us a greeting card that the rent will not be raised. Here are her...

Termination of Employment by Email [ 15 Answers ]

Hello Yesterday, I received an email from my employer advising that my 'Contract of Employment' had been terminated. The payment cycle is 2 weeks in arrears and my pay for the last 2 weeks that I have worked should have been in the bank yesterday, however it wasn't. They owe me 2 weeks...

Termination of Employment by Email [ 3 Answers ]

Hello On the 28 May I received an email advising me that my employment had been terminated. My normal pay was scheduled to go into the bank on 28 th May (period 14th May - 25 May) and they deliberately stopped the pay going into my bank account. They also subsequently demanded the return of...

View more questions Search