Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sofik Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2010, 04:02 AM
    Is a big tummy sign of liver problem?
    I read some time ago that an abnormally big tummy is trouble. It may signal a liver problem.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 9, 2010, 04:20 AM

Not necessarily. A lot of fat around the middle, which really isn't fat but liquid; the condition being called ascitis (sp). People with end stage liver disease (enlarged liver) will have this condition. The liquid can be drained off a max of 3 times, after that nothing can be done or it will cause severe infections.

Edit: I should say that it isn't just a big tummy, the swelling occurrs around the waistline and hips.
    If you suspect you have liver disease, and there are a few causes, then you should see your doctor immediately.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cat w/liver problem [ 7 Answers ]

Recently euthanized a 7 yr old cat. This was my adult daughter's kitty. The vet advised that it suffered from liver failure. It was 15 lb approx and had lost 7 lbs. Wouldn't eat and drank little, lack of energy. My daughter advised that his stomach was very yellow. All consistent with diagnosis...

Cold beer make my tummy big? [ 2 Answers ]

My tummy is big. Is it because I always drink cold beer?

How to loose or lessen a big tummy [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I wanted to ask how my mum can reduce her tummy. Since she gave birth to 7 kids does it has a connection why her tummy gets big? She don't eat much food.at times she only eats twice a day. Or is it maybe because were an arab that's why. We are having so much problem on how we can reduce her...

My dog is 8 or 9 she has a big lump on her tummy [ 8 Answers ]

My dog has a lump she had one before but I could push it and it would go away the one now is so hard eerything she had in her tummy came back up she will not move out of her bed no matter what not for meat she always comes in when were cooking not today it the size of a large bounce ball very hard...

Big tummy [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I really want to know how to get rid of my tummy my whole body is fine, its just I have a little tummy which is annoying because you can see it . I have really tried to get rid of it but everyone is giving me different types of advice I need one which I could stick 2 help! My tummy shows when...

View more questions Search