Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jwrath Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2010, 02:14 AM
    Circuit Board
    When I had an Amstrad 6128 I remember playing a game "Purple Saturn Day". One of the challenges it had, was a puzzle game on some kind of circuit board (see photo 1).

I'd like to know if there are any puzzle or strategy games available, where you have to complete a circuit board or transfer power, or anything...

Can anyone recommend such a game?

http://www.ysrnry.co.uk/wosfiles/ing...eSaturnDay.gif

http://www.servicepartsportal.com/wp...cuit-board.jpg
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2010, 02:50 PM

Well, if you like KiCAD is a free printed circuit layout program. DIPTRACE and EAGLE have some free versions.

It is quite a challenge to lay out printed circuits having done them manually.

They have "design rule" checkers built in, so you can tell if the schematic matches the "as built" board.

KiCAD also incorporated 3D. Layers typically range from 1-4 although there could be 20 or more.

So, as a "game" you can find various schematics and try to route them. Not sure about scoreing though.
    # holes, layers, size etc. In esscence, cost.

There are a couple of online PCB houses that provide a proprietary program for use with their process. That program is free.
    Jwrath Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2010, 07:14 PM

Very interesting but KiCAD is a program for designing circuit boards, not a game.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2010, 08:57 PM

True. I did say that.

I also said you can create a game and INVENT a way to score. It is a great puzzle.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2010, 03:02 AM

There's a fine line between work and a game. For instance, I think algebra is just a bunch of puzzles, like the kinds of puzzles I did for fun as a kid. So I'd think doing your algebra homework would be just like working a bunch of puzzles.

My brother coincidentally designs circuit boards, and I've seen him design just silly little things that move or fill themselves in or whatever, and post them places - he's just messing around so it's almost like a game to him. I remember him doing this weirdo optical illusion thing once.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2010, 03:03 AM

PS. I'm not saying you should enjoy playing with the design software. Just making a point that sometimes people do find fun in those sorts of things and KISS was simply making a suggestion - no way to know if that'll work for you or not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Circuit board [ 3 Answers ]

In repairing an equipment that has a broken circuit board, you must ground yourself to the body of the equipment your working on to prevent what from damaging??

Circuit board [ 5 Answers ]

I got a miller furnace and I replaced the pressure switch on it because it was giving me a code for switch stuck closed I replaced the switch and it still does it If I press on the circuit board it will come on but then sometimes it will turn on but sometimes it won't Can it be that my circuit...

Circuit Board [ 3 Answers ]

I had the HVAC guy out and he said that the circuit board was bad. He then spent half the morning looking for a new board, but said he could not get one anywhere. I have a hard time believing that this is the case and wanted to get a little help. The number on the circuit board is CES0110057-00...

Where can I get a circuit board? [ 2 Answers ]

I need a circuit board for a bryant furnace Were can I get a circuit board for a bryant model 395cav036111

Circuit board [ 15 Answers ]

Hello all. New at this site and loving it. Thanks for having me. My question is this. I'm having trouble with a disco light. This guy came in and dropped it. He says there might be wrong with the ic chip or it could be fuses. OK first things first I replaced all the fuses with new ones....

View more questions Search