Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shortness71 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2010, 12:56 AM
    Is it normal 5 days after having a wisdom tooth pulled a bone being exposed and hurts
    I had a wisdom tooth pulled 5 days ago and there is bone exposed and I am in so much pain is this normal and if not what should I do the dentist I went to keeps telling me I will just have to deal with it until it heals up and the pain is so bad I can't hardly stand it anymore
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2010, 01:17 AM

I had this once. It was called a "dry socket". Do you smoke? Smoking creates suction, and prevents the open socket from creating the blood clot that it needs to heal correctly. There are other causes, and reasons for exposed bone.

Wait for "Flossie" to come and help you here.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2010, 08:03 AM
    Sorry it has taken me so long. (I'm not getting notified about new posts.) jm you are right, it does sound like a dry socket and should have been checked by the dentist immediately.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My wisdom tooth hurts like Heck. [ 7 Answers ]

So today I ate a Twix bar and my bottom left wosdom tooth began to just THROB. I've never felt suchhorrible pain in my mouth before. It's halfway crowned, and ALL of them are impacted. I wish I could show you the x-rays. Anyway, It REALLY hurt. I had to take 2 ibuprofen to help the pain subside....

I need to get my wisdom teeth pulled [ 28 Answers ]

I need to get my wisdome teeth pulled very soon. What should I expect? Will it hurt during? I;m not really all that worried about pain afterwards part, I'm afraid that if it hurts during I'll freak out or something. I'm scared. I've had teeth pulled before wheni was younger but they were baby...

No money to get tooth pulled and a false tooth then needed [ 2 Answers ]

I have a tooth that needs to be pulled and I will need a false tooth. I do not have dental insurance. The tooth will cost about 300.00. Is there dental insurance that I can get that will pay for this procedure now or will I have to wait until I have had the insurance for a while?

Is it pulled muscle or chipped bone, or what? [ 2 Answers ]

I fell on some ice about 6 weeks ago. My right arm is what I landed on. It still hurts. It hurts to do simple things like holding my steering wheel,grabbing things like my pop bottle, it hurts just to move it especially when I move my thumb. What do you think? Thanks in advance for your time.

Wisdom tooth only halfway extracted by dentist... is this normal? [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had three wisdom teeth pulled. They came through the gum like molars, so I was told they were able to be pulled. I had x-rays, etc. before the procedure. My top two came out fine. My dentist told me that part of the root was still in my jaw, but would be OK. She then tried to pull out my...

View more questions Search