Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    labrat454 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2006, 06:36 PM
    70's Cartoon film animals playing soccer
    Hi all,

I am trying to find the name of an animated (cartoon) film about animals playing a very rough game of soccer. My father bought this on Super 8 film in the 70's. The 2 teams would blown up, run over, shoot, and all other kind of "Road Runner & Coyote" type destruction on each other. I don't know who made the film but was hoping someone would know what the name of this was and who put it out. Thanks...

Cory
    vallerina Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Dec 16, 2006, 12:09 PM
    There is a scene identical to your description in "Bedknobs and Broomsticks" with Angela Lansbury. It was made in 1971 I think. What's REALLY weird is that I just watched this last night!

Dec 16, 2006, 08:35 PM
    Never seen that movie. I'll have to rent it and check it out. Still trying to remember the title to the cartoon. Thanks for the reply...

Cory

Dec 17, 2006, 10:45 PM
    I forgot to mention that Bedknobs and Broomsticks mixes real people with the cartoon scenes. Most of the soccer scene is the cartoon characters only.

Dec 22, 2006, 01:19 PM
    vallerina,

Thanks for the info, I checked it out on Amazon and then bought it last night locally. It's the movie I was looking for. I had only seen the soccer game clip, we had it on super 8 film so it was only about 5 minutes long. Thanks again...

Cory

Dec 23, 2006, 11:00 AM
    Cool! I'm glad I went back and put the second comment in then. Cheers! - Valleri
    otto68 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2011, 10:54 AM
    thi is link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwY2BxGEVDo&feature=related
    MsFunk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2012, 12:46 PM
    Bedknobs and broom sticks it is a normal movie at first and then turns animated and has a king on the island of nabomboo and he likes to play soccer and makes the rulers up as he goes. Could that be it! Its one of my favorite movies from childhood I actually have it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Soccer [ 6 Answers ]

Well,the waiting is nearly over.England vs Paraguay,kick-off 2pm,UK time.I hope England win.. of course. :D I hope the whole competetion goes off without incident,and on July 9th,when England beat Brazil :D we can celebrate for days. Come on ENGLAND!! With apologies to our International...

Cartoon film, lots of singing dogs [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I need to find out the name of a cartoon film, It was probably about 1988 somewehere around then I think, But all I can remember is there was loads of dogs in a backgarden and the always sang a song, and one dog was always sitting on top of a kennel, and Im sure there was a pink dog that...

Soccer Am! [ 3 Answers ]

dus anyone know how u can apply to have a bash at been the soccerrette on the programme soccer am, gis a shout if u know cheers me dears x kim :D

An animated movie with animals from 70's or 80's like animal olympics [ 2 Answers ]

I remember different animals all doing different olympic events and there were these two cross country lions with this great background music and the lions didn't talk, but you could hear their thoughts to each other. There were many other events and animals, but I can't remember much else. I...

Soccer [ 1 Answers ]

What are the dimensions of a soccer ba :-[

View more questions Search