Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JeffKWI Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2010, 05:20 PM
    Port 25 is blocked by Charter, any way around it?
    I administer several websites and have been forced to switch from roadrunner to charter. Since the move, I've been unable to send email in outlook using my own mail servers. I think they are blocking port 25. I tried calling tech support and explaining, but I don't think they understand.

Is there anyway around this, either on my end, or anything special on my mail servers? It's very frustrating.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    jkraw90 Posts: 52, Reputation: 2

Jun 8, 2010, 08:45 PM

I would highly doubt a main ISP such as Charter would block port 25 as this would stop anyone sending emails. However a lot of ISP's do force you to send mail via their outgoing mail server, so the incoming (POP3 usually) settings would be your mailservers but the outgoing (SMTP usually) would be the ISP's but with your private email address. Best phoning your ISP on how to configure that as it varies from ISP to ISP.
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Jun 11, 2010, 01:33 PM

Check the modem and router it may be blocked or forwarded their
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 11, 2010, 02:55 PM
    Have you considered using TLS or SSL encryption and hence a different outgoing port, normally 587 and 465 ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fishing charter business taxes [ 2 Answers ]

My husband bought a boat and started a charter fishing business 3 years ago and since then has not done his taxes and lost all his receipts (gas, fishing tackle, bait, lunch) we really need to get this sorted out what do we do?

Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms [ 1 Answers ]

Which activities are governed by the Charter and which are not?

Read topics; still puzzled.blocked vent or blocked drain [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: Hi all. I just bought a ranch with a crawl space. My waste drain begins at my washer machine, past the kitchen sink, pass the bathroom tub and ties in with the main sewer line with the toilet and vent stack at the back of the main drain before it exits to the street at the front side...

Replace data/fax port with firewire port [ 2 Answers ]

I want to buy a dell inspiron 531 computer from costco. It has a TV tuner and a 56K PCI Data/Fax Modem. I know the TV tuner uses one of the two available pci slots, but does a data/fax modem use anothwer pci slot? I want to have an open pci slot so I can add a firewire port. If the data/fax uses a...

View more questions Search