Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roxy4inburnsville Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2010, 10:31 AM
    Can I reimburse myself from my HSA for qualifying expenses paid from another account?
    I'm contributing the max to my HSA for 2010 ($6150/year for family plan) via twice-a-month payroll contributions. However, my HSA balance can't keep up with incoming medical bills, and I'm having to pay some of them from other non-HSA accounts. I understand I can reimburse myself from my HSA once the balance is sufficient. If I'm not able to reimburse everything this year, can I continue to pay myself back from the HSA next year for medical expenses incurred this year?
    jef1056 Posts: 70, Reputation: 5

Jun 10, 2010, 12:06 PM
    As long as you have the HSA account active and a qualified health plan in force at the time that the expenses were incurred. Yes.
    The only accounting you would need to make is at an IRS audit. As long as expenses are greater than withdrawals.
    jef1056 Posts: 70, Reputation: 5

Jun 10, 2010, 12:06 PM
    As long as you have the HSA account active and a qualified health plan in force at the time that the expenses were incurred. Yes.
    The only accounting you would need to make is at an IRS audit. As long as expenses are greater than withdrawals.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What reflects better on a credit report, account settled or account paid / closed [ 1 Answers ]

What reflects better on a credit report, account settled or account paid / closed

How do I book insurance expenses that are not paid for yet but we are liable for? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I book annual insurance costs that are billed on an annual basis but are paid either monthly or quarterly?

Health Savings Account (HSA) - Form 1099-SA [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, I have an HSA and received a 1099-SA with $250 in Box1 of the form. Last year most of my medical charges (~$2000) occurred in Nov and Dec. I received and paid the bills from my HSA in Jan'09 and yet to receive 1 or 2 more. So, these charges did not appear in Box1 for 2008 1099-SA. My...

About HSA and Moving Expenses FOR 1040 NR Form [ 1 Answers ]

I Know I Don't Satisfy The Substantial Presence Test For 2007 And Have To File 1040 Nr Form As I Was On F-1 Opt Till Oct 2007 And On H-1 B After That. 1) I Want To Know If I Have To File Form 3903 As Per Item#26 For The Moving Expenses Reimbursement Received By Me Which Is In Item #12a Of W-2....

View more questions Search