Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    godsviolinist Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2010, 10:20 AM
    My Altima sounds like metal is scraping metal when I go in reverse and turn left.
    I have a 1994 Nissan Altima GXE. I had some brake work and front wheel work done around Christmas time. The control leg, an axle, and some other small things were replaces, along with the entire brake system. However, when I turn left or go in reverse, I hear this shrill, metal on metal sound that continues until I slam on the brakes or turn right. It even happens when I gently press on the brakes. I really think it is my brake pads (they are worn and I got them way before my brake job). I just want to the sound to stop, and I was hoping that someone could help me out or give me an idea of what it could be.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2010, 10:23 AM

You are likely hearing noise from the brake pad wear sensors, telling you it's time to replace them. If you let it go much longer, the discs will get damaged. Here's how to do the job yourself:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1618425

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Metal and non metal temperature [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me why metals are or appear to be colder than non metals?

Brown Metal Vs Silver metal [ 1 Answers ]

If I have a brown metal container vs Silver Metal container, which one will keep my hot water warm for a longer period? Why?

Scraping sound when car turns sharp left [ 2 Answers ]

My car makes a scraping sound when it turns a sharp left. I went over a curb the other day. Did I damage something?

Metallic Scraping Sound When Turning Sharp Left [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 1996 Nissan Altima. When driving straight, I will sometimes hear a metallic sound which seems to coincide with the revolutions of the wheels. The sound, which isn't very loud appears to be coming from the front passenger side. Also, when I make a sharp left turn for example when I...

View more questions Search