Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joanconey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2010, 10:03 AM
    CAN I help my college son if I receive ssa disability with a rep payee?
    Can I help my college son if I receive SSA disability and have a Rep Payee, My husband left me and I am in a depressed state and can bearly function... But I want to help my son with my disability money.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2010, 10:05 AM

I don't understand what you are asking.

Your SS Disability is YOUR money, to spend any way you wish.

You, of course, have to persuade your rep that this is in your best interest. Who is the rep and how was the rep appointed/assigned?

Is that what you are asking?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

SS rep payee [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm trying to find an agency in NYC that can serve as a representative payee for social security - the local SS office (as well as online) is useless! I don't know where to begin? Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks much, H

Taxes on SSA Disability Income [ 2 Answers ]

Being 100% disabled for Social Security purposes, with no additional income, am I required to file annually with IRS? Wife did have income from 2002. Should we file jointly, listing my SSA Disability Income, or should she file Married, filing separately? Thank you.

Disability app to SSA - do I need a lawyer? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello - I'm 56, female, single and unable to work due to a multitude of problems. I've applied for disability once and was turned down because although I have some disability, I can still work for a living, per SSA. I'm going to reapply for benefits because I've only gotten worse and can't work,...

View more questions Search