Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deniseh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2006, 05:23 PM
    Pregnant dog
    How can I tell when my daschund is pregnant? For the last week she has been whining and seems to be uncomfortable but she doesn't seem to be gaining a lot of weight??
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2006, 06:06 PM
    Take her to the vet. If she isn't pregnant, she may have other problems needing attention. If you are going to have a dog, you are obligated to give it proper care. That includes making sure she doesn't get pregnant and burden society with puppies that may have to be slaughtered for lack of homes. Go to www.petfinders.org, and see how many Dachshunds and Dachshund mixes in your area need homes. Talk to the vet about having her spayed. It eliminates the hassle of her coming in season, any chance of unwanted puppies, and reduces the chances of cancer later in life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My dog is 50 days old and is not eating Dog chow [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My dog name is scoobee, golden labarador,n is 50 days old,he became thin after vaccination ,got fever.. n when I try to feed him Dog chow he simply deny to intake... kindly suggest me... how to attract him in eating of Dog chow as it contains all the minerals and suppliments to good growing...

My dog is 2 years old and he will not eat his dried dog food! [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I have two dogs pal and buddy now buddy is 2 and pal is 8 I have had these dogs for there hole life and about a month ago we had to change there food now pal was fine with this she eats her food all at once so did buddy but once we put them back to there regular diet pal was fine and so...

Pregnant Dog crying [ 2 Answers ]

Our dog is pregnant. We breed her on April 8th and now all of a sudden last night she was real uncomfortable and crying. If we talked with her or petted her she was fine. Tonight she started the same. She is eating fine. Isn't it a little early? Do you think the pups are just moving around and she...

Help with a pregnant female dog [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone tell me the behaviour of a pregnant female dog, How they would act towards other dogs/females,

I think the stray dog is pregnant,how do I tell? [ 4 Answers ]

there has been a stray lab outside my house for the past 2 days, and we have tried feeding it but it won't eat, it only drinks a little water every now and then. i'm thinking that it is pregnant, but i can't tell. can someone help me?? also, i want to let it stay in our yard, but i already have...

View more questions Search