Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2006, 04:46 PM
    Improve Your Relationships
    Improve Your Relationships

The Power of Thought

Love begins with our thoughts. We become what we think about. Loving thoughts create loving experiences and loving relationships. Affirmations can change our beliefs and thoughts about ourselves and others. If we want to love someone, we need to consider their needs and desires. Thinking about your ideal partner will help you recognize him or her when you meet him or her.

The Power of Respect

You cannot love anyone or anything unless you first respect them. The first person you need to respect is yourself. To begin to gain self-respect ask yourself: "What do I respect about myself?" To gain respect for others, even those you may dislike, ask yourself: "What do I respect about them?"

The Power of Giving

If you want to receive love, all you have to do is give it! The more love you give, the more you will receive. To love is to give of yourself, freely and unconditionally. Practice random acts of kindness. Before committing to a relationship ask not what the other person will be able to give to you, but rather what will you be able to give them. The secret formula of a happy, lifelong, loving relationship is to always focus on what you can give instead of what you can take.

The Power of Friendship

To find a true love, you must first find a true friend. Love does not consist of gazing into each other's eyes, but rather looking outward together in the same direction. To love someone completely you must love them for who they are, not what they look like. Friendship is the soil through which love's seeds grow. If you want to bring love into a relationship, you must first bring friendship.

The Power of Touch

Touch is one of the most powerful expressions of love, breaking down barriers and bonding relationships. Touch changes our physical and emotional states and makes us more receptive to love.

The Power of Letting Go

"If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you it's yours, if it doesn't it never was." Even in a loving relationship, people need their own space. If we want to learn to love, we must first learn to forgive and let go of past hurts, and grievances. Love means letting go of our fears, prejudices, egos and conditions. "Today I let go of all my fears, the past has no power over me-today is the beginning of a new life."

The Power of Communication

When we learn to communicate openly and honestly, life changes. To love someone is to communicate with them. Let the people you love know that you love them and appreciate them. Never be afraid to say those three magic words: "I Love You." Never let an opportunity pass to praise someone. Always leave someone you love with a loving word - it could be the last time you see them. If you were about to die but could make telephone calls to the people you loved, who would you call, what would you say and.. . why are you waiting?

The Power of Commitment

If you want to have love in abundance, you must be committed to it, and that commitment will be reflected in your thoughts and actions. Commitment is the true test of love. If you want to have loving relationships, you must be committed to loving relationships. When you are committed to someone or something, quitting is never an option. Commitment distinguishes a fragile relationship from a strong one.

The Power of Passion

Passion ignites love and keeps it alive. Lasting passion does not come through physical attraction alone, it comes from deep commitment, enthusiasm, interest and excitement. Passion can be recreated by recreating past experiences when you felt passionate. Spontaneity and surprises produce passion. The essence of love and happiness are the same; all we need to do is to live each day with passion.

The Power of Trust

Trust is essential in all loving relationships. Without it one person becomes suspicious, anxious and fearful and the other person feels trapped and emotionally suffocated. You cannot love someone completely unless you trust them completely. Act as if your relationship with the person you love will never end. One of the ways you can tell whether a person is right for you is to ask yourself: "Do I trust them completely and unreservedly?" If the answer is "no", then you must think very carefully before you make any type of a commitment.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2006, 05:01 PM
    WoW... where is my print button, so I can print this out, make copies, pass them out and post it where my eyeballs see it everyday.

From the bottom of my heart,
    Thank you Blue Rose
    ballybee Posts: 46, Reputation: 12

Dec 11, 2006, 01:09 AM
    Just wonderful...
    4answers Posts: 200, Reputation: 35

Dec 11, 2006, 01:50 AM
    Very Very good. I will definitely head this.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2006, 09:05 AM
    Love it!! Outstanding!! '

I wish everyone would follow these gideliens - the world would be a lot happier place.
    SouthernBelle06 Posts: 166, Reputation: 83

Dec 11, 2006, 11:15 AM
    "The more love you give, the more you will receive."

I wish it worked that way in relationships all the time. Unfortunately this wasn't the case in my last one.

What if you do all of the above and still are dumped? Grrrr!! So frustrating. :mad:

Why can't it always be this simple? Follow a set of rules and you will be happy ever after in love...
    Saintas Posts: 64, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2006, 11:27 AM
    True .But in an ideal world .But I like it a lot.
    The love definition from Bible is , I believe , most beautiful ever.
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2006, 11:40 AM
    They are usaully ex's for a reason.

Trust, respect, balance, compromise. Slow!
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2006, 03:23 PM
    Thank you people, you're very generous.

Back in my twenties when I was going through some tough times, I put together a lot of stuff like that above in order to help me stay positive. I just wondered if there would be any objections if I were to post some more of the same?
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2006, 03:24 PM
    Please do... Please Please Please... ( would that be needy:)??

Yes Rose, love getting them. Incredible. And Thank you so much for sharing... it is a beautiful gift that you share... thanks again.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2006, 07:29 PM
    Very wise words, to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by bluerose
    Thank you people, you're very generous.

Back in my twenties when I was going through some tough times, I put together a lot of stuff like that above in order to help me stay positive. I just wondered if there would be any objections if I were to post some more of the same?
    Nope. Keep posting them!
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2006, 01:17 AM
    Should I continue in this thread or create new threads?
    s2tp Posts: 299, Reputation: 61

Dec 12, 2006, 02:00 AM
    I think you should create new ones... so that each will gets its own attention :)
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2006, 10:10 AM
    Thank you. I will do that.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2006, 10:24 AM
    Are these your writings?
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2006, 10:50 AM
    Yes - please do.
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2006, 02:14 PM
    NeedKarma,

Most of it is stuff I put together for my MSN Space (blog) called 'The Rose Files'. If I use anything that isn't mine I credit the writer, poet whatever or simply put Author Unknown. Do you think I might have a problem posting stuff. Should I perhaps ask a moderator?
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2006, 02:57 PM
    If it is your material rose then I wouldn't see a problem with you posting it here. But I'm not a moderator either.

Be a shame if you couldn't because we will miss out on some great stuff!
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2006, 05:19 PM
    NeedKarma,

I have had many MSN Spaces. One of my earlier ones was called 'Soulsearchers Anonymous', where I shared a lot of my stuff and I encouraged people to take whatever they wanted if they found it helpful.

This folder of mine called 'The Rose Files' was put together from my twenties onwards. I also cut my Metaphysical teeth on 'The Master Key System'.

I had a collection of segments like these below and I put some together to make 'lists'. Included below as an example.

I never called it 'The Ten Secrets' - It was quite simply separate segments about relationships that were put together to make up the 'article' I posted. But they were put together a while ago like a lot of my segments and lists. If I have made a mistake and it turns out to have an author I will of course apologise. But I just write for fun, I have no way of proving that I wrote the original segments.

I am sitting here racking my brain to make sure I am not getting mixed up about this. Because I have written AND collected inspirational writings and poetry for a long, long time.

I am checking out the addys you posted trying to get a trace on an author's name connected to 'The Ten Secrets'. Or just to find a name I recognise of a cyber friend who may have frequented my Soulsearchers blog.

I still think it is mine from my folder but if I have made a mistake, I'll bow down to it. I have never come across this before. On Spaces my stuff was getting spread around but with 'trackbacks' to my Space. Then Spaces changed a lot and a lot of the people I had got to know drop out because Spaces was becoming more complicated. I am still in touch with one cyber friend from Spaces. Here is her Space addy...

http://uk-lady.spaces.live.com/Perso...x?_c02_owner=1

Her name is Jill but on her Space she is 'Storm'. I think if you are curious about my writings, you could leave a comment on her space asking her about 'Rose' of 'Soulsearchers Anonymous' and I know she can at least confirm how popular 'Soulsearchers' was.

If you were to visit her, I know she would tell you about my stuff. Many people wrote asking to take copies of it.

A lot of my own writing contained in The Rose Files was done when I was not feeling a hundred percent. So please bear with me while I try to check this out.

This is my new Space, and I am still struggling to get used to all the changes MSN made. But you are free to take a look.

http://zairaspace1.spaces.live.com/

Not everything on there is mine.

{{The Lesson Of The Geese ~
    Written by Angeles Arrien ~ }}

Only recently discovered who wrote this and plan to add the authors name asap.

And there is a collection of 'Cool Zen Stories' collected from the net and put together by me.

The poem 'A Little Walk Around Yourself' author unknown but I'm still looking.

'A Collection Of Short Prayers' those are mine.

Please find below some examples of my stuff.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Improve presence of mind [ 10 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I want to improve my presence of mind or quickwittedness.Most of the times I don't find the reply instantly of any general talk and I have to stood silent and after sometime I realize that could be one of the answers.Is my mind blunt?

Can someone help me improve on basketball? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm in 8th grade and only 5'2 but I really want to get better so I can make my high school team and I practice a lot but it doesn't seem to work So can someone help me out?

Help improve my son's reading... [ 18 Answers ]

My son is 10 yrs old and now in the 5th grade. He has always struggled with reading but I'm worried that he is not improving well enough. I don't want him to have a hard time, as he gets older work will get harder. Are there any suggestions of workbooks, games, or programs that are a sure thing...

Improve Presence of mind [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there... I am very happy to find such a website... and hope to get some possitive responses... My problems: I can not express to others properly whatever I know very well. I also don't have that much presence of mind... Help me to improve these qualities... I'll be greatfull to...

View more questions Search