Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MaryMazz Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2010, 07:18 AM
    Where do you purchase supplies for your expensive hobbies?
    I want to deeply research the topic expensive hobbies - like why do you decide on them (passion) how do you research your purchasing decisions - how much time do you spend monthly on your hobby? And how much money do you spend monthly on your expensive hobby? Thank you for your help.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2010, 11:36 AM
    Hi, MaryMazz!

What sort of hobbies is it about which you'd like to know, please?

The hobbies for some people might actually be a big part of how they make their living. Some of mine are.

Let's also take for instance, the person who likes to fly an airplane occasionally as a hobby. It can be expensive and yet be a hobby. But, there also are very few supplies that might be needed for it.

I have hobbies where I like to make things out of wood. But, the wood doesn't usually cost me much or anything at all because I'm always on the "look-out" for free wood that I might find to be useable.

I would love to discuss this thing about hobbies with you! But, I do think that more definition would be helpful as far as the types of hobbies about which you would like to know.

Thanks!

Jun 8, 2010, 12:08 PM
    Thank you Clough -
    I am not sure - there are so many hobbies that become expensive. I am researching a paper on how people are funding their expensive hobbies in this economic downturn - and if it has altered their buying patterns.
    For instance - there are many topics/hobbies as such that can get costly.
    So if you ar e ahorse perosn, and used to go to the local 'feed store' to buy your tack - saddles, blankets, reins, etc, or to purchase books on different ways of riding, or training horses - how to set up a training ring - how to set up a Trail Riding business, or what is needed to Board horses... did they used to do things one way and now are doing them another way?
    Have they turned form physical locations, to shopping online? Are they bypassing the yellow pages and traditional advertising means, and searching for online as well as local businesses - but all through an Internet search?
    Does it make sense to set up an online business to be a service for a specific hobby, to help supply their needs at a cost that may be more attractive than a local store?
    All of those kinds of things.
    It sounds as though you may have already thought some of this through.
    Other hobbies that can become expensive (and is there a way to provide services for them that can garner the same result they are seeking?) - Photography / Dog Showing (what are the costs associated - training and travel? Entry fees? / Street Racing / Airplanes & Flying (buy? Lease a part of a plane? Rent?) / Surfing / Snowboarding...
    Trying to get a handle on which lead to proceed with for the articles.
    Thank you.

Jun 8, 2010, 12:08 PM
    Thank you Clough -
    I am not sure - there are so many hobbies that become expensive. I am researching a paper on how people are funding their expensive hobbies in this economic downturn - and if it has altered their buying patterns.
    For instance - there are many topics/hobbies as such that can get costly.
    So if you ar e ahorse perosn, and used to go to the local 'feed store' to buy your tack - saddles, blankets, reins, etc, or to purchase books on different ways of riding, or training horses - how to set up a training ring - how to set up a Trail Riding business, or what is needed to Board horses... did they used to do things one way and now are doing them another way?
    Have they turned form physical locations, to shopping online? Are they bypassing the yellow pages and traditional advertising means, and searching for online as well as local businesses - but all through an Internet search?
    Does it make sense to set up an online business to be a service for a specific hobby, to help supply their needs at a cost that may be more attractive than a local store?
    All of those kinds of things.
    It sounds as though you may have already thought some of this through.
    Other hobbies that can become expensive (and is there a way to provide services for them that can garner the same result they are seeking?) - Photography / Dog Showing (what are the costs associated - training and travel? Entry fees? / Street Racing / Airplanes & Flying (buy? Lease a part of a plane? Rent?) / Surfing / Snowboarding...
    Trying to get a handle on which lead to proceed with for the articles.
    Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Could our hobbies change? [ 3 Answers ]

Is it possible that after sometime we turn off or we start obtain another one? Your experience friends:rolleyes:

What are your hobbies? [ 22 Answers ]

I LOVE video games, not just playing them, but reading about them and understanding them and their culture. However, videogames aren't socially acceptable. When Im playing my Xbox 360 my parents always look at me bad like Im supposed to be doing something more important and I always feel bad when...

Hobbies for a 12 year old [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I'm 12 years old and need a hobby I like to fish hunt hockey bike basketball and MAKE $$$ but I have a brother and sister 2 and 6 months that are always taking naps and I can't do anything but fish and bike which after a while gets boring!! I have a 14 year old brother but he is always to...

What are your hobbies [ 15 Answers ]

Dear memebers, Would u help a 24/7 single hard worker find a hobby please?:D I mean, I do hang out with my girl friends, going to nursing home help with the elders. I do read, study about plants and acupuncture. I want to play golf but it's kind of expensive for me at this moment. What...

View more questions Search