Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aarav Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2010, 06:37 AM
    Local connectivity
    Hi there ! Since last few days I am unable to browse through my laptop as it just shows Local connectivity, instead of showing Local & Internet.please guide me on what should be done in this case.
    Thanks in advance
    jkraw90 Posts: 52, Reputation: 2

Jun 13, 2010, 06:00 AM

Hi aarav

Can you give us a bit more information. Such as is it wireless or wired your connected via. Is there an other system that you have tested on your connection and can get access with (ruling out fault with internet). Have you looked at your modem/router and made sure all the correct lights are light up indicating it's functioning correctly.

If wireless have you tried changing the wireless channel to rule out interference causing connection issues. This can usually be done by logging into router/modem. Usually I would try changing to channels at either end of spectrum first e.g. 1 or 11 then maybe trying different ones. You might need to change a few times before things improve.

If it's a wired connection try another cable if you have one or test that cable on another machine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much space should I put on local disc c and local disc d [ 4 Answers ]

When I first started up my new computer I was instructed to partition the hard drive into a local disc C and a local disc D, and told that this partition would be permanent. I believe I put 109GB onto disc C and 110 GB onto disc D. I did not know, and still do not, what was the purpose of this...

Finding x-intercepts, local maximum, local minimum of graph [ 5 Answers ]

How do I find the x-intercepts, local maximums, and local minimums of this graph --> f(x)=1/9(x-3)^2(x+3)^2 using a graphing calculator?

Low connectivity or no connectivity. [ 7 Answers ]

So I have been using my computer for a long time with out any problems and a couple days ago my computer has been going really slow and keeps disconnecting and the signal strength says "low or no connectivity". My computer is wireless gateway and it recives its internet dsl signal from my land...

How do you find the local maximun and local minium of a graph? [ 1 Answers ]

How do u find the local maximun and local minium of a graph?

View more questions Search