Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mylove44 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2010, 04:47 AM
    Replacement time of gate valve
    Replacement time of gate valve after life time over ? But my question is normally with in how many years we replace gate valve.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2010, 06:20 AM

If a gate valve is used properly, it will outlast u and possibly your children.

If a gate is not opened all the way, water passing gate will wear a groove in it. This will cause the valve not to shut off.

If valve is installed with handle down and rod attached to gate separates, gate will still operate. If rod separates and handle is above pipe, gate will drop and not be able to raise when valve is opened.

I know that plumbers do not normally install the way I do, but everyone needs to work. Unless this is against code this is way I would install a gate valve. And remember always open all the way.

Good luck

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewer Gate/Check Valve [ 16 Answers ]

Plumber recommending we install a sewer gate check valve system to avoid future back-ups when huge rains/thaws overwhelm storm sewer system. Has anyone used these - recommend? Plumber guarantees we will have no future problems.

What replacement valve cartridge is best for theMoen 620 shower valve? [ 0 Answers ]

What is the best replacement valve cartridge for the Moen 620 shower valve?

Cast Iron Gate Valve and Copper Pipe Installation [ 1 Answers ]

Is it allowed to install Cast Iron Gate Valve with Copper Pipe installation both are flanges type? Any material reaction for both materials?

"Stylette" crate - Need replacement gate [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me where to get a replacement gate for a crate/kennel? The name brand is Stylette #2882. I find the name on the web but when I click, it's another brand.

Leaking gate valve [ 6 Answers ]

I have an 11/4" brass gate valve on the outlet of our boiler that is leaking on the top. Not out of the stuffing box, but just below out of a seam. What are the chances that there is some sort of sealant that I can put on there to stop the drip? Thanks in advance for your help! Bill

View more questions Search