Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dleger Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2010, 06:54 PM
    Dsc pc1832 how to reset installer code when you forgot it
    How to reset installer code on a pc1832?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2010, 06:33 AM

You have to reset the panel to default, You don't need to reset to default unless you have the program manual to reprogram lost data. Do you have Program Manual? Resetting to default is in there.
    Can you elaborate.
    New house? Got rid of Alarm company?
    Marty70 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2011, 07:34 PM

If the installer lockout is "enabled" defaulting the panel will not work. That is DSC's way of preventing other companies taking over the control panel.
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2011, 06:31 AM

You can still use a Panel Unlocker.
    mtnman4600 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2013, 12:17 PM
    What's a panel unlocker?
    mtnman4600 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2013, 12:19 PM
    If the installers lockout code has not been programmed, then you can use a piece of wire for a jumper from PGM1 output across zone 1 input power down first, put on jumper, power up for 30 seconds, then power back down, remove jumper, and you have defaulted the panel.
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2013, 07:39 AM
    mtnman4600, the reason I didn't say was because just defaulting without the Manual, you won't be able to program.
    Don't have Manual handy right now, But That panel I believe has a section to Make Installer Code Not Defaultable without an Unlocker, Back in a minute.
    This one has a Video:
    http://www.instantunlocker.net/howitworks.html

Another one:
    http://www.pwcrack.com/instantunlocker.shtml
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2013, 04:44 PM
    To Add to my answer about the problem with defaulting the panel without the manual is, More than likely you may have a system that won't work due to default values, maybe (EOL/NO EOL's, etc)Enrolling Keypads, Connecting Receivers, Expanders, etc..
    By not being able to default with out the Manual, leaves you with a working system and no code, code may come to you.

You can also get a new board with manual for under $100. This way you are up to date.
    AND have a Installer Manual, User Manual, And Programming Guide, This will now be your system, If you ever leave, Swap boards if OK to do so..

They Have a Really nice Keypad, I believe a PTK 5507, Large display is also a Picture Viewer, at home you could have your family or other pictures, and if at a business, have it scroll through, adds sales promotions etc. Plus you can expand the 1832(the old PC5010) to 32 zones, Automation Board. Super Panel, Can Do Anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rvo837Dfh8
    Has a SD slot for your Pictures/Adds/?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to reset dsc alarm pc1832 [ 10 Answers ]

A friend had a problem with there alarm,there is no paper work for this panal and no codes at all,the panel is in a lockable box with no keys. I have forced the box and the panel inside is a pc1832/1864 I believe to reset the panel you have to short out pgrm1 and z1,I have done this but this has...

Programming a DSC PC1832 [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I'm installing and programming a basic home security system. I'm using a DSC PC1832 control panel. I have 2 keypads and a number of devices (door and window contacts, pir's, smoke and heat detectors). The home is divided into 2 suites (owner's and tenant's) and I've partitioned the...

Is there a way to reset master code on dsc 1832 [ 2 Answers ]

I have a DSC 1832 security system at my home but never got the master code from the installer who I have now lost touch with. I need to set the clock on my 5501 keypad and it appears that requires the master code. I have the installer code which is still the default code and I have my user code...

Changing installer code on a dsc 1832 alarm system [ 2 Answers ]

How do you change the installer code on a DSC 1832 alarm

Prgramming the DSC PC1832 [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a PC1832 which gave me a big headache and spent one full Saturday without success. I connected the hardware but had major issue programming the system. Due to incorrect data entry, I believe the system locked up and all what I see is a symbol of keypad on the screen and --:--. As soon as I...

View more questions Search