Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skg1958 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2010, 01:48 PM
    Child support contempt order
    Do I need a lawyer to go to a contempt case? My ex is in contempt for contacting me and not exchanging taxes as agreed and signed by judge. I have court soon and I am not sure if I should go alone. He will have representation. Is this a complicated thing to do?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 7, 2010, 02:53 PM

It can be and without representation you might not get anywhere.
    Get a lawyer.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 7, 2010, 03:37 PM

If you go up against an attorney without your own legal representation then the odds are that you will lose. Even if you are in the right.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 7, 2010, 05:05 PM

You should expect to lose if you do not have an attorney and they do. An attorney would use words you don't understand, file a motion perhaps you don't know how to address and more
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2010, 07:19 PM

Who presented the contempt to the Court? You? What sort of dollar figure is the not exchanging taxes? If the Judge so ordered this and you can't afford representation the Judge should rule in your favor. After all, it was the Judge's Order that your ex defied. I'm not too sure that anything regarding the contacting you business will get your ex any jail time but your ex will have to explain to the Judge just why no tax info was not exchanged.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does the child support agency remove order from child 18 or does the parent [ 3 Answers ]

My son is 18 and in college, he does not live with mother nor does she pay for any of college. I live in California, who takes care of the order?

Child support/contempt of court [ 19 Answers ]

My 3 year old son's non-custodial father has not paid child support in over 6 months. It might have been longer than that but I wouldn't know as I was on welfare and had signed my son's support over to the state (I wasn't a slacker; I was working and finishing up my BA). I was able to get off...

Contempt child support order [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know if anyone can help me. I recently filed an contempt order for my child father and the judge let him go making him pay an extra $150 a month. He didn't he paid everything, but $100 of what the judge ordered him to do. He owes me $8,000 in back child support. How can I file for...

Contempt order about child support [ 4 Answers ]

I'm trying to get as much advise as possible because I don't know what to do. I had a contemp order against my ex-husband, because he wasn't paying his court ordered child support. The ruling on this was that we would drop the contempt order if he would pay every month, on time and in the full...

Mothers contempt of child support order [ 8 Answers ]

My ex wife did not show up at the drop off spot last weekend and it was my weekend to have my son. It is court order that I get him the 1st, 3rd and 4th weekend of every month. What do I do? Can I file something against her for contempt at the court house? How can I make her pay?:mad:

View more questions Search