Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    topher Posts: 65, Reputation: 3

Jun 6, 2010, 05:25 PM
    Power steering fix
    I put a new power steering rack and accidentally cut the rubber hose... any who I wound up cutting off the fitting for the rubber hose so I could re attach a new longer piece to the metal hose. I used a spring style hose clamp and still leaks. Is there a better way to patch this up, would a brake style flange work??
    RickMN Posts: 244, Reputation: 52

Jun 6, 2010, 08:18 PM

If you're talking about the high pressure hose, there's no way that clamp will work. Either buy a new hose or take the old one to a hydraulic supply store and have them crimp on a new hose. NAPA stores do that also. If it's the return hose, you might want to put on a worm drive clamp.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Power Steering [ 2 Answers ]

Do all 5-Speed 1990 Honda Civic have Power Steering or are there some that have and some that don't?

Power Steering Line [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1998 Honda Accord, 2.3L V-Tec. I am attempting to remove the pressure line from the power steering system. It's in a very tight spot and I'm wondering what would be the easiest way to do this?

Power Steering [ 1 Answers ]

2003 Accord. 110,000 miles. Had a power steering problem. The hose was replaced first, then a new pump, to no avail, now we are onto a rack. Is anybody out there?

Driving w/out Power Steering [ 1 Answers ]

Due to a leak in the power steering cooler line on my '92 Honda Civic, I disconnected the PS pump until I can find replacement parts. Is it safe to drive the car w/out power steering? Will that put an undue strain on any steering components? Thanks.

View more questions Search