Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jinxz Posts: 64, Reputation: 3

Jun 5, 2010, 10:06 PM
    Snorkeling in BC, Canada
    For the summer me and my family wanted to camp somewhere near a water body, most preferably the ocean/sea, so we could snorkle. Mostly places around BC and Vancouver are more for diving, but snorkeling is a fun and cheaper way. But we haven't been able to decide on an area, and I was wondering if anyone can suggest a good place to snorkel?
    Thanks in advance!

Jun 12, 2010, 03:52 PM

No one? =[
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2010, 11:39 AM
    Hi, Jinxz!

We do have a number of people from Canada who are members on this site.

Hopefully, one or more of them will come along to address your question!

Thanks!
    LegalizeIt Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Jun 13, 2010, 04:52 PM

I am Canadian and the best place I can think is not Vancouver, but Vancouver Island. There is a beautiful place on the ocean called Tofino / Ucluelet. They have many great beaches / underwater sealife and also offer whale watching tours and those sorts of things. A lot of campgrounds too, it is a pretty popular summer tourist / family destination. You can travel there easily by taking a ferry boat from vancouver, about a 2 hour ride and then you would have drive about another 3 hours to the west coast of the island. Hope that helps.

Jun 13, 2010, 05:10 PM

Do you know anywhere else besides Tofino/Ucluelet, we've been their the last 4 summers, and last summer it was just plain cold and rainy and it wasn't very pleasant.
    LegalizeIt Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Jun 15, 2010, 11:25 PM

Yea... it usually a pretty damp place. You could check out the sunshine coast or maybe even north vancouver. Those would be about the only other places.

Jun 16, 2010, 11:46 PM

Tell me about it! Just yesterday, it was perfectly dry and sunny, I hear thunder, in a few more seconds it starts POURING rain, I litteraly could hear it plopping everywhere even with the TV on. Then some more lighting and thunder. Next day, sunny weather. Ai yahh

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Entry into Canada as a Felon and Canada land owner [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have recently been arrested for a drug related offense (my first arrest). I fully expect to get convicted of some sort of felony crime in the USA. I am a citizen of the USA and I am not a canadian citizen. I do own land in Canada and would like to access it. I have read all the laws...

Snorkeling in Ohio [ 5 Answers ]

Who'd-a-thunk? Yes, snorkeling in Ohio is big. Plan your vacation now as things are booked far in advance. The caveat: You must be of drinking age, and have imbibed mass quantities to enjoy this event :)

In US on L1-B from Canada [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I am in the US on an L1-B since Jan 16, 2007 (transferred by my company & paid the entire time by the U.S. employer) and have gone back to Canada to visit family on 2 occasions for a total of 21 days throughout 2007. From what I can understand, I pass the time test to file as a...

Canada to the US [ 2 Answers ]

I live in canada and I just laid charges with assault and breaking and entering against my ex. How easy would it be for her to cross the american border if at all? She has not been convicted yet but I have a witness to both occasions.

View more questions Search