Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JusChillin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2004, 07:52 PM
    So very confused!!
    Ok, I went out with my ex for a year, he broke up with me. That was 2 and a half years ago, we've both dated other people and a few months ago he told me to call him sometime and I did a couple weeks ago. He came to my house for a party last night, and we ended up making out for like 3 hours! During that time he just kept telling me how much he'd missed me and how I felt so good back in his arms and life. Yet, I asked him what we were, since friends don't normally make out. And he said since we're really just getting to know each other we're friends but moving to another step. Now I don't know how to act around him and I don't know if this was just a one time thing or what! Could you give me your input please, just be honest! Thanks!
    artistall Posts: 88, Reputation: 5

Aug 10, 2004, 07:45 AM
    Re: so very confused!!
    The line that grabs me is; he said "since we're really just getting to know each other we're friends". I don't get it! You already had dated for a year and he's just getting to know you? It sounds to me like he is trying to keep you at a distance yet close enough so that he can have you when he wants you. Sort of keeping you in limbo. He will take advantage of you when he senses that you are lonely or in need of a friend. Be careful not to let yourself step in too deep or you mght wind up getting hurt. Not to mention that you have a great deal of time and can find true romance later on. Your too young to get serious. Have fun, see the world, get a PhD, Join a activities group where you can increase your chances of finding that special someone. I hope you do!
    Jahiem28 Posts: 103, Reputation: 5

Aug 10, 2004, 08:12 PM
    Hi Juschillin it seems to me that your friend is the one confused. Your friend is contradicting him-self. You stated that he told you how much he missed you and that he glad to be back in your arms and life again "Just getting to know you" First off if a person miss you and glad to be back in your life that means they have feeling for you. In order to have feeling for someone you have to know that person cause that what makes u so interested in the first place. Talk to your friend and ask him to explain the statements he made and try to get some answers. Just be careful you don't want to set yourself up to be hurt so seek out the info. Take care Good luck.
    lilmizinnocent38 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2004, 05:36 PM
    Well.. I have to say this isn't an easy situation to come by... the only thing that you can do is spend time with him... like you said you went out previously... he knowing from experence with one of my ex's he doesn't want to mess up again... so he wants to get to know you over again.. because everyone changes... and he needs time to refind his love for you.. and to build on your relationship again.. and then he'll b ready to tell you if your more then friends.. and you should b able to tell when he is ready to b more then friends
    JusChillin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2004, 10:57 AM
    I just want to thank each of you for replying to my subject! It's helped me to have outsider's points of views because I am biased and I know that any friend I would talk to, would just tell me what they think I need to hear. So thank you for everything! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Confused about girlfriend... need help [ 9 Answers ]

I had been dating my girlfriend for about 3 and half years. My girlfriend is extremely attractive and I started to notice how much attention she was receiving whenever we went out to the bars or even the mall. I became very insecure and jeoulous.. I started constantly asking her "Who was she...

Help! Confused! [ 8 Answers ]

My friend had set me up on this blind date with this nice guy. Since that date, we have been on two more dates. Although there were awkard moments because we are just getting to know one another, I see possibilities between the two of us and was looking forward for his next call asking me out. My...

Confused? [ 8 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been dating for little over a month now and everything has been wonderful up to yesturday. I got an email in the morning from her and she was her usuall playful self and very cheerful. As the day wore on she emailed me and explained to me that she is feeling overwhelmed and...

Confused [ 4 Answers ]

I posted "feels promotion was robbed" last week, and I finally had the "discussion" to why I did not get selected for the Job. It still has me a little bewildered and distraught. I found out from the person who red flagged it and their reason why. What it basically came down to is she feels I need...

Confused [ 2 Answers ]

Where is my relationship with David leading to? Is there a relationship in the near future for me? What will happen with my career?

View more questions Search