Ask
    surgeons Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2010, 06:39 PM
    Pennsylvania law Can a 17 year old date a 14 years old in Pennsylvania
    Can a 17 year old date a 14 year old in Pennsylvania
    EmoPrincess Posts: 1,068, Reputation: 92
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2010, 07:29 PM

As long as there is no sex involved. Or sexual contact of any kind. Yes. Whether a 17 and a 14 year old SHOULD date however, is another story.
    How do you define dating
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 5, 2010, 07:37 PM

This question has been often asked and answered on this site. There are no laws that deal with age limits on dating. All laws deal with sexual activity. However, a 14 yr old is still under her parents control and you would have to have their permission.

The gap between 14 and 17 is pretty wide. You are both at different phases of your life. A 17 yr old is looking at college and a career. A 14 yr old is just starting high school.
    angidawn08 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2010, 12:32 PM
    Legal age in pa. To consent to sex is 14 we had to deal with this exact situation with my little sister my mom tried to get the boy for rape and it wasn't illegal so yes it is legal for a 14 year old and a 17 year old to be together
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 5, 2010, 03:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by angidawn08 View Post
    Legal age in pa. To consent to sex is 14 we had to deal with this exact situation with my little sister my mom tried to get the boy for rape and it wasn't illegal so yes it is legal for a 14 year old and a 17 year old to be together
    That's not 100% accurate. If the boy is less than 4 years older, then its not illegal. But it is if one person is an adult (over 18) while the other is 14.

There are also other ways for a parent to protect a child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Age of consent for Pennsylvania, terms of the law? [ 8 Answers ]

I went to the movies with a friend who will soon be 22. I am 17. By the end of the night, there was heavy touching and kissing, "making out" and "wandering hands" and I want to know if this was illegal. My friend, a different friend, told me that the age of consent is 16, but limits to a four...

Pennsylvania Tree Law [ 10 Answers ]

I have a row of 6 white pine trees, each about 30 feet tall. My neighbor hired a tree trimming company to remove all limbs/foliage on the side of the trees facing her property. In-other-word all brances/limbs were clear cut back to the trunk of each tree from top to bottom. The trees are clearly...

Pennsylvania law regarding spousal/marital abandonment [ 5 Answers ]

I was wondering what is the time line in Pennsylvania when a husband leaves the home that I can change the locks. I was told there is an amount of time and that I could file abandonment charges against him?

Pennsylvania Real Estate Law [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I am in King of Prussia PA I am in a position where I have to break my lease. My lease states that after giving a sixty day notice I can break my lease by paying three months rent. When I spoke to the manager of this complex, they said that they are going to charge me an additional two...

View more questions Search