Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shandel Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2010, 01:16 PM
    Kenmore Electric Dryer - No Heat
    I have a Kenmore Elite Heavy Duty (electric) dryer that has no heat even though running. I had the heating element thermal cutoff replaced last year when I had a similar situation.

Not sure what the possible cause may be this time around. Any suggestions please.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 5, 2010, 03:59 PM

Before replacing anything you must first verify the actual voltage getting to the unit. Open the back of the unit while unplugged. Find the three screws attaching the 3 incoming wires. Measure from one screw to another screw after you plug it back in. Tell me the colors youtested and what the readings were, there are 3 combination you can measure. Youyr problem could be the cutoff again. I have had two replaced in 3 years, Sears repairman is getting rich off me at $275 a pop

Jun 6, 2010, 05:54 AM
    Hi Ballengerb1. Thanks for replying to my question. I measeured the voltage as requested and below are my readings:

Red/Black Combination = 246 Volts
    Red/(Green & White) Combination = 122 Volts
    Black/(Green & White) Combination = 122 Volts.

Jun 8, 2010, 03:49 PM

Well, after no further leads to go by, I took a leap of faith and went ahead to change the thermal cutoff and that did the magic.

Thanks to all your advice, as they came very handy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a Kenmore electric dryer that does not heat [ 0 Answers ]

I tried to by pass the thermal fuse, still no heat, then I change the heat element still no heat??

Kenmore Dryer (electric) won't heat up already cleaned [ 0 Answers ]

Hello there, hoping you can help me. I have an Electronic Fabricmaster, Kenmore -Heavy Duty - Extra Capacity - Ultra Care Dryer. Model #110-8788290 It's about 13 years old now. I have already cleaned out all the lint from every orphus on it. It simply won't get hot. Everything else seems to...

Kenmore 90 series electric dryer no heat [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore 90 series electric dryer and have been having problems. About 2 weeks ago it stopped drying. I check the things I'm supposed to, house fuses, coil, thermal fuses, etc. It turned out to be the thermal cut-off, so I replaced it. The dryer worked fine for about 5 loads then stopped...

Kenmore Electric dryer does not heat [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Elite Electric dryer (model# 110.63952102). The dryer runs without heat. The relay seems fine. I would like to check the heat element and I saw it located on the right side from the front panel. How can I take it out and how do check it? Thanks

Kenmore Elite Electric Dryer Does Not Heat Up [ 1 Answers ]

My Kenmore electric dryer does not heat up like it should. The dryer gets warm and eventually dries the clothes, but it's taking 3 times as long.

View more questions Search