Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reindressel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2010, 03:13 PM
    2008 word on desktop apple/send to apple laptop 2005word and doesn't display, why?
    Document written in 2008 word sent to 2005 word both apple CPUs but document won't translate. Instead it is a bunch of sequential hyrogliphics? What process to Save to lesser update of word so document can open in older version? Or other solution Thank You Rein
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 4, 2010, 03:29 PM

Looks like to save it you have to choose to save as a 2005 document.

Ref:

Compatibility with Previous Versions of Word | Microsoft Office FREE Tutorial
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Feb 3, 2011, 01:30 PM
    Word 2008 saves files by default in the .docx file format that is not readable by Word 2005. When saving documents sace as a .doc file and it will be readable by earlier versions of Word.
    There was a file conversion utility that would convert the file to .doc on the fly for those running earlier versions of office available at mactopia (Microsoft site) but I have not looked for a year or so.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Apple help deskmy laptop a1107 won't charge [ 2 Answers ]

I have an apple laptop model a1107. We thought the battery failed so we replaced it. The computer worked fine with the new battery until it discharged, the powercord won't recharge it. I think the internal charge regulation system is bad. Can it be fixed? Would it be cheaper to just replace the...

Chemical word equation apple oxidation [ 1 Answers ]

Chemical equation for apples oxidizing when exposed to air?

Apple Wi-Fi Card in dell laptop [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have just gotten an old airport extreme that was dead from a relative. I have removed the N wireless card from it and inserted it in my Dell laptop. It recognises the card but has no drivers. Any suggestions? Thanks!

View more questions Search