Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pacificwynd Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2010, 01:43 PM
    Concrete crack injection
    I need to remove a small section of polyurethane crack injection. What's the best way to go about this?
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2010, 07:39 PM

Basically you need to dig out the foam with a utility knife, razor blade scrapers. Sharp screw driver etc. ( Use safety glass) Are you sure this is a polyurethane injection and not and epoxy injection crack repair?

Epoxies are super hard its compressive strength could be as high as 12,000 psi or greater

Is the access hard to get at?
    pacificwynd Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2010, 10:23 PM

I managed to get it out using utility knives, sharp screwdrivers and a couple drill bits. I'm thinking now that it was an epoxy. Thanks for the help. Hopefully I will never have to do this again as it was very difficult.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New garage concrete slab has hairline crack [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, Just completed the pour of a garage foundation and notice there are hairline cracks in the slab. The foundation was pour with 6 sack pea gravel and #4 rebar with a 4" slab. Contractor said it was the way the concrete is dried - too quick... He said he will fix it. Should I be concerned for...

Crack shows in the front potch concrete [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I just bought the new house. When I inspected the house, I found the some cracks in the front Porch concrete area about 2mm slit. The builder said it is OK. I wonder whether it could get bigger crack in the future if not repair now. Thanks, William

Concrete Crack Filler / Menders [ 7 Answers ]

Any suggestions on products to use to fill a crack that has shown up on our concrete patio. The crack is about 1/8 to 1/4 wide with some spots bigger. Looking for something that I can also paint as I know nothing will match so plan to repaint the patio once the cracks are filled/fixed.

How do I lay concrete over concrete to avoid chipping, flaking and cracking? [ 4 Answers ]

I am considering overlaying concrete over concrete in the basement. How can I best do this to avoid problems with it in the future. I plan on coloring the cement before I say or staining it once it has been overlayed. I want to do it right the first time. Thanks

Installing a concrete shower floor over a custom concrete pan. [ 4 Answers ]

I want to install a stained concrete shower floor instead of tile. I have already installed a custom shower pan and pitched it to specs. My question is should I be concerned about the new floor cracking since it will only be 1/2" thick? If you have any other suggestions on the install, please...

View more questions Search