Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JerJerO Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2006, 10:22 PM
    Really Confused
    Okay, I have a baby boy with this ex of mine she well not let me see him or anything and I'm paying childsupport and trying but she won't ansewer any calls or any type of communication I'm trying. She has a soon to be husband and you know the fairy tail life and I can't see him so I was wondering what I can do just get rid of all of this together no more drama?
    SINGLE4 Posts: 189, Reputation: 33

Dec 9, 2006, 11:41 PM
    I hate to assuming anything but... are you insinuating that you would like to give up your parental rights? If so, call an attorney and have him get a hold of her.
    Julie25 Posts: 37, Reputation: 5

Dec 11, 2006, 09:54 AM
    If you are not pursuing giving up your rights. Consult the attny anyway. As long as paternity was established and you were named the father, your ex has no right keeping your child from you. You should have visitation rights, and have the guidelines followed by your state. The only person you are hurting is that child. So I would advise doing something about it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 11, 2006, 10:09 AM
    First, even if you do give up your parental rights that does not absolve you of child support. Second, if you are paying court ordered child support, then there is probably some court ordered visitation. If your ex is refusing this, she is violating the terms of the court order and you can go back to court and enforce those terms.

Now here's the rub. If she is getting married and the new husband wants to adopt, then I would not stand in the way. I would insist that you continue to have contact. Once the child gets old enough you can explain that you felt it would be better for him to have a more normal family life so your let his mom's new husband adopt him.
    Yankeesfans2 Posts: 13, Reputation: 4

Dec 17, 2006, 04:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JerJerO
    Okay, i have a baby boy with this ex of mine she well not let me see him or anything and im paying childsupport and trying but she wont ansewer any calls or any type of communication im trying. She has a soon to be husband and you know the fairy tail life and i can't see him so i was wondering what i can do just get rid of all of this together no more drama?
    I read your post and everybody else's and I would like to share a quick story. My best Friend got pregnant at 18 and had a baby, his father step aside so to speak and really let my friend and her new boyfriend who turned into her husband who she is now divorced from because guess what the new husband was far from a fairytale! He is a compulsive lying jerk, who they all let her son call him Daddy and everything, and now after seeing him for his true colors my BF and her first sons father realized they made a huge mistake! Her sons father said he thought he was doing what was best for his son and he regrets it big time!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 17, 2006, 07:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JerJerO
    Okay, I have a baby boy with this ex of mine she well not let me see him or anything and I'm paying childsupport and trying but she won't ansewer any calls or any type of communication I'm trying.
    See a lawyer and go to court and have visitations defined. When you have kids the drama never ends. Even when they grow up, there will still be issues to address. So I know that not what you want to hear, but taking care of your own blood is your responsibility.
    She has a soon to be husband and you know the fairy tail life and I can't see him so I was wondering what I can do just get rid of all of this together no more drama?
    Make a reasonable attempt to co-raise your child in an amicable environment, if not you will be seeing her in court for contempt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Confused [ 26 Answers ]

Recent events over the last couple of weeks have left me confused and I need a little outside comments. Just a quick recap... last Dec 05 my ex girlfriend and I broke up and she told me to never contact her again and that I should leave her alone and I needed to start seeing other people. I...

Confused [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Im a grade nine student right now, and I really need help with this math problem. It's for science class though. We're currently doing things related to density and such, and my teacher really confused me when explaining conversion. So, I need to convert this... D = 27.3g / 18.87...

Confused [ 10 Answers ]

I am 20 years old and I have only been with 1 guy. I am not in love with him anymore and need to move on. The crazy part is that I kissed one of his friends and I felt something. I have been friends with this guy for over 3 years and I always had a little crush on him. How do I tell him I like him...

I'm confused :( Please help me! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I just want some one to tell me what to do or to help me. Ok. Last year in mexico, in December, I met this guy and at first I didn't like him. Every time he would talk to me, I would be saying on my head "Stay away from me u freak" I know that I was mean, but I don't think of it that way...

View more questions Search