Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    windex Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2010, 12:38 PM
    Air conditioner throwing the breaker
    With the thermostat turned to OFF - when I reset my breaker to ON the air conditioner tries to start and all the lights dim and it throws the breaker. Had a technician in today and he at first said it was my breaker and than when I said that I had a cousin who could replace it - he said that he would try a Hard Start Kit and when it would attempt to start with that but failed he said it was the compressor and since my machine is almost 9 years old he said a new machine was needed...
    Does all that sound logical? Why was it the breaker at first but than it was the Compressor?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2010, 04:00 PM
    Quote;; Why was it the breaker at first but than it was the Compressor

Probably guess work maybe made the comment before completely checking out the problem,if you feel unsure you might get a second opinion

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air Conditioner won't get cold, yet water leaks from air conditioner [ 4 Answers ]

Air conditioner is turned on, but it will not cool. Water leaks

Need to Replace GE Fan Motor for outside York air conditioner air conditioner [ 2 Answers ]

The motor model number is 5KCP39EG IT IS A HP 1/4, VOLT 208/230, rpm 1075, hz 60-50 pHASE 1. Are they making this motor anywhere? If so where? Thanks

Outside Air Conditioner Unit Runs When The Air Conditioner Is Switched Off [ 4 Answers ]

We bought a Panasonic split system inverter air conditioner (7.4kw) brand new over Christmas so it is only a couple of months old. We had it installed by a qualified air conditioner installer and everything works perfectly as it should. However we have noticed recently that when the air conditioner...

Air conditioning unit throwing the breaker [ 5 Answers ]

It has been really hot lately, and all of sudden our unit will trip the breaker outside, the fan will still run but on the unit. What should we check to see what the problem is? We sprayed it good to get all of airborn goodies from it. It comes back on when we flip the breaker. Thanks

Electric furnaace throwing breaker [ 1 Answers ]

My sister has an electric furnace... She came home the other day... It was 59 in the house. If she turned the thermostat up to 72.. the breaker in the electrical box would trip.. She slowly adjusted the temperature up by a few degrees at a time.. But next day she comes home and breaker has...

View more questions Search