Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    den81 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2006, 08:26 PM
    1940's or 50's movie about 4 married couples
    My dad keeps talking about a movie where these four married couples are all going to get a divorce for various reasons. One couple are in a television show within the movie who are also married on the show and another couple are wealthy. The wealthy couples wife is like Anna Nicole Smith who is going to take all of his money. It ends up that none of the couples are legally married and the greedy wife faints in the courtroom. He cannot remember any of the actors names.
    ddelaine Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2006, 08:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by den81
    My dad keeps talking about a movie where these four married couples are all going to get a divorce for various reasons. One couple are in a television show within the movie who are also married on the show and another couple are wealthy. The wealthy couples wife is like Anna Nicole Smith who is going to take all of his money. It ends up that none of the couples are legally married and the greedy wife faints in the courtroom. He cannot remember any of the actors names.
    I'm not completely sure but it sounds like it may be "The Women".Joan Crawford, Rosalind Russell, Joan Fontaine... possibly anyway.
    MystMoonstruck Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Jul 31, 2013, 11:18 PM
    We're Not Married (1952)
    IMDb review:
    Letters are sent to five couples telling them that, through a technicality, they're not really married. In the opening sequence, we hear the letter dictated. At the appropriate point in each installment, the letter is introduced with a special musical theme, and the reader of the letter reacts appropriately.. . Though one suspects that Fred Allen had a hand in the writing of his sequence~a parody of radio breakfast couples (with Ginger Rogers as his partner)~the satire is a little too obvious, their banter being merely a string of not especially clever product plugs (one of them having the miracle ingredient of chicken fat).
    Louis Calhern rises above the heavily ironic divorce-lawyer skit, and James Gleason gives one of his finest performances as a hick hustler promoting Marilyn Monroe in a fledgling Mrs. America contest.. . The final sequence is the most successful because of the fine, unaffected performances of Janet Gaynor and Eddie Bracken. A point of interest in the film as a whole is how much attitudes about marriage have changed since the film was made.

We're Not Married! (1952) - IMDb

Here's the movie trailer:
    We're Not Married! 1952) Trailer - YouTube

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Family Movie from 50's or 60's [ 1 Answers ]

I remember seeing this movie in the early 60's. I can't remember the name, nor can I remember the stars. It did have some child stars - notable a blond or red-headed boy with freckles and a little blond girl. What I do remember was there was a storm, may be a hurricane. After the resulting damage,...

Older married couples [ 10 Answers ]

Since there seems to be a lot about marriage and relationships on the forum today, it made me think about my adoptive parents, who have been married for about 40 years, and are obviously happy together, but still treat each other like crap lol. Like I don't mean they treat each other badly in...

Tax claims for couples [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I live in different states (:( , hope it will change pretty soon). For tax return claim, is it the same if we claim individually as we claim together? Thanks

Young Couples and Friends [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Since you guys gave me such good advice last time I thought I would try again with another post. My wife and I have been married for 4 years or so and we have a 13 year old son which is from her previous marriage. We have a blended family. My wife and I have a few friends but none...

Married couples [ 1 Answers ]

I work for the government and have a married couple In same department, the husband is a supervisor. Is this ethical or legal?

View more questions Search