Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    basicdan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2010, 10:11 AM
    Whole house heat pump vs independendent ac/ heat units for no fl
    Is a whole house heat pump vs the independent ac/heat suicase units better and cost effitive
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2010, 07:17 AM
    Heat pumps can be very efficient in most parts of the country. Also the cost of a heat pump vs. A/c is not that much more money to install.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat pump never turns on, handler blows continuous with no heat except with AUX heat [ 2 Answers ]

10 year old Rheem air handler RHBA-21J8MFCA, 1/3HP, 2.8A. New WeSt Columbia, SC 29170, Model 2HP13L48P-1B, HCFC-22, 4TON. Installed new out of box iN July and AC working splendidly but start-up is "violent" and loud. Installer says I need some sort of "start-up kit". I put off as had planned...

Heat Pump blows 5amp fuse when switching between defrost & back to heat. Them Heat work [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Carrier Heat Pump System. It’s about 5 years old and has functioned OK until this Christmas Eve. One problem is the condensing unit is not kicking back on after it goes into defrost mode. I found a 5AMP fuse blown in the attic unit and once replaced it functioned. At least for a day or two...

Is a heat pump with emergency heat a multi stage heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to replace the thermostat for my heat pump the one I've got seems to be running the emergency heat only. All wires were connected as they were in the old one. Is regular heat and emergency heat considered multi-stage? If so, I need another thermostat... please advise.

2 AC units verses 1 heat pump unit [ 2 Answers ]

I have attempted to do research but haven't had much luck and am hoping someone here can provide some insite. I have a 2 story townhome, 2100 sq ft and currently have 2 ac units. Each unit handles a zone (downstairs/upstairs) The downstairs unit needs to be replaced. I have had 3 ac contractors...

Why would my heat pump run all day without bring up the heat in my house? [ 2 Answers ]

Why would my heat pump take a long time to heat my house

View more questions Search