Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RGM2010 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2010, 04:54 PM
    I have not had a papsmear since 6-10 months ago,am I at risk for cervical cancer
    I have HPV. Its been a long time since I had a pap test,I have 2 sons and family members Im constantly helping and caring for-I forgot ME.Im afraid because I have fatige and pains sometimesin my lowe abdomen and sides,and a red spot on my belly button,not to mention my belly is getting larger and I know I'm nt pregnant because I had my period almost 2 weeks ago.Plus the pain that has been present when there's deep penetration during sex,but not with shallow penetration which has been a problem for months and I thought it was from not being ruff much often which could've been why butI found out that's a possible symptom.Is this a definite cause for concern?Im scared to death,IDK what to do I finally have a pap apt tomarrow but I still will have to wait 2 weeks for results,and I fear that if there's cancer it could be spreading,my husband and I was hoping to conceive a baby girl in the future,but worse my life is at risk and my boys need me,I need them,I'm praying that these symptoms ar not the symptoms,SOS :(
    emily_godzilla Posts: 115, Reputation: 5

Jun 2, 2010, 05:32 PM

Wow-it sounds like you are dealing with a lot of stress right now. If I were you I would try very hard not to jump to any conclusions about your cervical cancer risks right now. Instead would just try to relax-did'nt you mention you are getting a pap done tomorrow? I know when I have had those done they say to refrain from intercourse for like 24 hrs.Also I have tested positive for hpv too and have a history of abnormal paps. My last few were normal though they suggest simply getting one per year unless you are high risk or having abnormal results then just follow the doctors advice on how often to get checked.it sounds like you are doing all you can-now just follow through and try not to worry until you getyour test results.
    emily_godzilla Posts: 115, Reputation: 5

Jun 2, 2010, 05:38 PM

I forgot also about your symptoms you may want to schudule just a normal pelvic exam too. Tell your gyn about your pain the details intensity ect-he/she may wish to do a pelvic ultrasound-you could have an ovarian cyst or even fibroids... if so many women have these issues and it does not necessarily mean anything cancerous-there is a blood test you can ask for that I know screens some forms of female cancer I think it is called ca-125 or something... sorry not more help-i am not a nurse or doc or anything just a layperson with a history of ovarian cysts etc. good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Could I have cervical cancer at 16? [ 4 Answers ]

I have not had a period in 3 almost 4 months, I am sexually active but I have no symptoms and I took 3 pee tests at my doctors and they all come back negative. I get this yellow discharge and my skin is very soft and I feel like I'm going to pass out any minute but I can't sleep. I have no idea...

Cervical cancer [ 6 Answers ]

What is the most effective alternative treatment for recurrant cervical cancer? Pam

Cervical Cancer [ 12 Answers ]

I have been bleeding for the past year, well after I had my little girl, which she will soon be 2... I just went to the doctor about a month ago, and found out that I had cervical cancer, now I am scheduled to go in and do a coloposcy, I think I spelled it right... Im very very nervous, because...

Cervical cancer [ 17 Answers ]

I am so confused about cervical cancer. Firstly how do men get the virus to pass it on? Is it through sex? Because, I am planning to have sex with someone, we are both virgins. He has never had or given oral to anyone which I am sure can spread something. Obviously has kissed other people (...

Cervical cancer [ 3 Answers ]

I am 20 weeks pregnant and was told by my doctor that I may have cervical cancer. They are going to check me with a scope next week and then do a biopsy after I have the baby. Will the baby be okay? Has anyone else had this problem. Oh, and I am 22 if that matters.

View more questions Search