Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aa1bb2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2010, 03:28 PM
    How can I lift or raise a pole that has settled or sunk in an existing pole barn?
    My 25 year old pole barn has a couple of poles that have sunk six to eight inches and I want to jack them up in place. Is there a jack designed for this purpose or a suggested method?
    pattyg2 Posts: 480, Reputation: 27

Jun 2, 2010, 06:04 PM

You will need to temporarily install support posts by jacking them up so you can repair the poles.
    Jacking Up Your House By Yourself - Jack Up House by Self - DIY
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2010, 06:15 PM

Yes, they have house jacks, or a good hydraulic jack.
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2010, 07:57 PM

How high is the ceiling in that barn? Reason I'm asking is after you jack it up are you going to dig beside that pole and crete in a support pad?

If you have ceiling height for a Small Kubota or backhoe you can get under that beams post and lift it with the boom. Then Temp supports. Use the hoe to dig beside lifted post and crete under it. Of course the other option is release that post from the plate and add more post. This of course works if its accessible inside and exposed.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 2, 2010, 08:02 PM

21boat is on the right track. So the post sank 8", how do you know its done settling?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pole barn plumbing [ 3 Answers ]

Howdy. I have a 30x40 polebarn with concrete slab already poured. No water or electric at this time. I want to add a shower, toilet, sink in a corner of the barn. I want to do this without breaking any concrete. I will build with wood a raised section for the toilet, shower. The main water...

First pole barn Build. [ 3 Answers ]

I have built 4 homes in my life doing everything myself except the foundation work. This will be the first pole barn I am building and have a question. I always like to be sure I am doing everything correct before starting the projects I tackle. So here is my question. The pole barn will be 30x48....

Pole barn and garage [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting a modular home in jan and it has 200 amp breaker box my question is Can I run 100 amp service to the garage and 100 amp service to the pole barn out of that breaker box on two different 100 amp breakers or do I need to come right off the meter. There is plenty of room on that box as...

Romex in a pole barn [ 1 Answers ]

Is it OK to run all of my nm cables (homeruns) through a large condiut to the panel rather than individual sleeves for each circuit? In a Pole Barn. No animals

Electric in new pole barn? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, We have just built a new pole barn and would like to add electric in the pole barn. We will be upgrading our current 200 amp service to a 320 amp service and would like to put a 100 amp breaker box in the pole barn. The meter base is 140' from the new pole barn. Can we bury URD wire,...

View more questions Search