Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Emaleth Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2006, 03:58 PM
    Frigidaire Dryer Problems
    Foreword: I have no idea what the model number of my dryer is. I bought it second-hand, and the model number had been on a sticker inside the door; needless to say it isn't there any more. It was made some time between 2000 and 2002 is all I know. (Sorry if I seem a bit defensive, I just had to deal with a lady telling me I *must* be wrong, the number *has* to be there. Ok, then, *you* find it, lady.:mad: )

Anyway. About a month ago, I noticed that my clothes weren't dry, even after a 100 minute cycle (I normally had them in for a max of 90 minutes). I thought maybe I'd been overloading it, so I put a half a load of clothes in. Same problem. Come to find out, the drum wouldn't turn. I could get it to work with a very small load (enough for a day's worth or so of clothes). I did some searching, figured it must be the belt, and removed it. Up till when I removed the belt, though, the drum would still turn, the heat would still work.

Today, I replaced the belt. The old one was definitely junk, it was cracked and looked like it was about to fall apart. I get the whole dryer put back together, plug it in, and hit the START button. Nothing, nada, zip. I took it back apart, double-checked all the wires, made sure everything was plugged in, glued in, screwed in.. And put it back together again. (My dryer's new name is Humpty Dumpty!) Still, no power.

Also, before I replaced the belt. A year or more ago, my dryer got a brand-new motor. Since then, it's been squealing a bit when going, but nothing ear-shattering.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm really getting tired of hanging my wet clothes all over my house to dry! ;)
    Morrowrj Posts: 345, Reputation: 22

Dec 9, 2006, 04:18 PM
    Well, if the dryer ran before you took it apart...
    Does your dryer have an electronic display, and if so does it turn on ? If not, I would start by verifying voltage at my outlet. Sometimes you shut things off and a month later you may forget? Also is this gas or electric ?

Dec 9, 2006, 04:25 PM
    It's a rather simple electric dryer. On the panel there is the Start button and the dial to turn to choose how long to dry it for, and that's it. I've checked the breaker to the laundry room, it's fine. My washer runs, and it's on the same fuse.
    Thanks!
    Morrowrj Posts: 345, Reputation: 22

Dec 9, 2006, 04:31 PM
    Well, an electric dryer should run on 240 volts which wouldn't be the same as your washer. Another simple thing is the door interlock swicth. Verify that it is operating correctly, or nothing will run.

Dec 9, 2006, 04:36 PM
    Ok, how do I do this? Verify the door interlock switch is working, I mean.
    Also, what I meant about the dryer being on the same circuit: my laundry room is built on to the back of my house. The whole room is on one fuse. I double-checked the fuses and none are tripped.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frigidaire Affinity Dryer Conversion [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a Frigidaire Affinity, model #LGQ6000ES2. I need to convert it to LP versus natural gas. I am picking up the conversion kit from Lowe's, but I need to know what I have to do to install it? Looks like I have to take the top and maybe the front off? Once I do that, what is next? ...

Frigidaire Dryer Noise [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Frigidaire electric dryer (Model #FDE336RES2). It is making a rattling/rumbling noise (Not a squealing or sqeaking noise). The noise is getting louder. Any suggestions on how to repair the problem. Thanks

Frigidaire dryer ruining clothes [ 1 Answers ]

We have a frigidaire galley dryer that was purchased 4/5 years ago. Clothes are getting stuck in the crack around the door that allows the drum to spin. It leaves marks and/or chews them up. Has anyone experiences anything like this or know how to fix it.

Frigidaire Dryer squeaking [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Frigidaire dryer Model# FDE797IEWI. The dryer squeaks, mostly when starting and for the first few minutes while operating

Frigidaire Dryer not getting hot [ 0 Answers ]

Okay, after reading everything I can find, especially information from appleguy, I'm looking at one of two possible fuses for why the dryer isn't heating up. Looking at the parts manual, I can't figure out which of 2 it might be: 1. Thermostat,Safety Or 2. Thermal Limiter

View more questions Search