Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lovelyladylisa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2010, 10:02 AM
    California - file for child abandonment
    How can I file for abandonment. The father of my child left when I was pregnant. She is now 3&1/2. I filed for support and they have not located him. I would like to travel and that requires a passport. I am assuming that I need to file for abandonment inorder to be able to get a passport for her.
    We live in California.
    Lisa
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2010, 11:00 AM

This is a legal question, not a question about raising children, and I have asked that it be moved to the legal board.

Here is some good info: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/family...st-364259.html

I know you can go to Court and get an Order allowing you to get a passport and leave the Country with her based on your inability to locate him, your return trip ticket, no other Court orders and so forth.

You really do need an Attorney for this problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

California laws on child abandonment [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I need help fast. I was (and still currently am legally married) for the past 13 years. We have a 12 yr old daughter and in 2002 we split. We made the decision together to leave him custody of our then 4 yr old daughter because he had a job and a home to give her, when I left, I moved about...

Child abandonment law of california\ [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, my two sons have not had any contact or have received any child support from their biological father over 11 years, they were 2 and 4 years old last time they saw him. Both of my sons are now over the age of 13, but still a minor. My husband of 9 1/2 years of marriage has stepped up and...

Laws of child abandonment in California? [ 3 Answers ]

I am a mother of a 11 year old girl. I raised her by myself for nearly ten years. Her father and I never married. I left her father when she was about a year old because he was physically abusive to me(even hospitalizing me ) and because I caught him giving our baby girl a bath with him and he had...

View more questions Search