Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2010, 08:28 AM
    CCTV and the iPhone
    I work with several CCTV systems ranging from Huper to Geovision to generic systems. I was wondering if there was a way to make them all compatible over one system. They all have their own web interfaces, however you need separate activeX's to use them, and they all need their own domain (I use dyndns). I also need them to integrate with the iPhone in the same way.

I was thinking of using jpeg2k. Does anyone know if there is some sort of broadcasting standard for CCTV/DVR systems that one application would integrate with. I believe there is a jpeg2k app, but how would I have to configure each system to be compatible with that?

Any input is great, thank you.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2010, 08:43 AM
    I hear activex and iPhone and automatically think it is incompatible. You'd need to know what the activex plugin does in order to recreate it as an app. You'd have better luck with an Android based phone since it's not a closed dev environment.
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2010, 09:00 AM

I don't have control over the variables, I just make it work.

One of the systems we use connect using j2kdvr.com. I was wondering if there is an internet standard we can use to configure all the systems to one sort of HTTP based connection that something like j2kdvr could connect to, that there is an app to use. Like a middle man.
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2010, 09:02 AM

ServerA---|
    ServerB---|---Online Service---Application Interface
    ServerC---|

The app interface would have to be compatible with iPhones, and either a web interface or a general PC software.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If a shop keeper has CCTV of someone shoplifting, can they put photos of this person [ 3 Answers ]

I was in my local shop earlier and there are some posters of a male uying something at the counter in the window. I asked the lady working who it was she told me that he had been shoplifting and so the owner have put the pictures up. Is this legally OK to do?

CCTV Cableing using adt cameras [ 1 Answers ]

Hi guy's I have a ADT CCTV standalone DVR system... no from the dvr bnc connectors go into a conkit9 converter which converts the signal to to RJ-11 Modular plugs going from one end to the other where the camera is at the end where the camera is is a male RJ-11 plug which plug's into a RJ-11...

CCTV shoplifting [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have taken something from a shop where there is a sign saying cctv recorded . I want to return the item as the shop is inside where I work and am feeling guilty and frightened in case they recognise me. How can I retun the item

Viewing Of CCTV System Over The Internet [ 1 Answers ]

]I have a client that has 2 boodband connections (ADSL) and running Microsoft Windows XP on both sides. I need to find out what The best way would be to connect and view his CCTV system remotely.

View more questions Search