Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marti8408 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2006, 02:43 PM
    Kenmore elite model quiet guard 7 model 665.
    Six month old dishwasher. Worked fine until today - won't start. LIghts are on and control panel seems to be working OK. The "Clean" indicator is flashing in intervals of 7 flashes and then pauses. When I select the "Start" button it flashes red 3 times and then nothing. The "Drain/Cancel" function works.

Any help in identifying the source of this problem? Any idea on how to interpret the flashing signals on the "Clean" indicator? Help please.
    sarahlazarus Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Apr 18, 2007, 08:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by marti8408
    Six month old dishwasher. Worked fine until today - won't start. LIghts are on and control panel seems to be working ok. The "Clean" indicator is flashing in intervals of 7 flashes and then pauses. When I select the "Start" button it flashes red 3 times and then nothing. The "Drain/Cancel" function works.

Any help in identifying the source of this problem? Any idea on how to interpret the flashing signals on the "Clean" indicator? Help please.
    Did you ever get this problem solved? I am having the same issue and would appreciate some tips! Thanks :).
    sarahlazarus Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Apr 21, 2007, 06:26 PM
    Wow... I hit the "heated dry" and "normal wash" button one after another for several times and it fixed the problem. This web site has been such a relief because this dishwasher was driving me crazy :p . Thank you!!
    RalphS Posts: 120, Reputation: 12

Apr 21, 2007, 10:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by marti8408
    Six month old dishwasher. Worked fine until today - won't start. LIghts are on and control panel seems to be working ok. The "Clean" indicator is flashing in intervals of 7 flashes and then pauses. When I select the "Start" button it flashes red 3 times and then nothing. The "Drain/Cancel" function works.

With a SIX month old dishwasher, there is only one thing you HAVE to do, is call the company, IT'S UNDER WARRANTY!!
    lhauptman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2007, 07:43 AM
    Our "Clean" light was flashing and we could not start the dishwasher. It is only 2 years old. I was having a fit. We read the post about pushing the normal wash and heated dry buttons back and forth and it seemed to reset the dishwasher somehow. The dishwasher is running right now. Thanks so much for posting that solution. You saved us a service call and you spared our salesman at Sears a serious tongue lashing! ;)

Laura
    Guest Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Apr 3, 2008, 10:20 AM
    Just tried the solution of pressing the "heated dry" and "normal wash" buttons and it worked for me too!! Thank You
    mark whit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2009, 05:46 PM
    Heat dry and normal wash worked great. Thank You.
    waterheater Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2010, 02:14 PM

This is all described in the service manual
    waterheater Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2010, 02:16 PM

This is all described in the service manualservice manual and accompanying tech sheet. Diagnostics and error codes are included too.
    kimmiekenny Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2010, 08:59 AM
    Thank you so much for your tips it worked great, and hopefully keeps working. You saved us a service call! Again Thank You!
    lucejeep Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2012, 07:24 PM
    So Cool.. we followed your button pushing sequence and it worked... sweet
    Kali la negra Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2013, 09:01 PM
    I have the same problem but the solution of "heated dry" and "normal wash" buttons is not working for me... is still retourning to "clean" flashing...
    maniac4taz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2015, 09:12 AM
    Hi - I have the Kenmore Elite Ultra Wash Quiet Guard 7. I had the blinking "clean" light - would blink 7 times - pause and repeat. This is due to a temperature issue in the previous wash cycle which prevents further wash cycles from starting. To fix - press Air Dry - HiTemp Scrub - Air Dry - HiTemp Scrub. The panel will light up - go through a test process ending in the quick rinse cycle. If the problem continues - you may need to replace the heating element. I was once told by a repair person to always run the hot water in the kitchen sink before starting the dishwasher to ensure the water temperature is up. Also - there are tons of YouTube videos on how to take apart the internal components of your dishwasher to clean and repair - just never pull your dishwasher out unless you are proficient in reconnecting the water lines - pulling out can cause the line to break and you can flood your kitchen - no did not happen to me - heard about it in a video. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher model #665.1703, Flashing light-won't start [ 118 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher. It will not start. The light above normal wash is flashing continuously. Any advice will be helpful. Our warranty ran out 9 days ago:rolleyes: Thank-you in advance:o

How do I reset my kenmore elite 665 dishwasher? [ 26 Answers ]

I have a kenmore elite 665.16933 dishwasher. I think I need to reset it - I can only use the normal cycle and the other cycles (pots and pans, etc) won't kick on when pressed Anyone seen this before? Is there a way to reset the control panel?

Kenmore Elite Washer (Model#110.82873120) Spin Probs [ 5 Answers ]

I have the Kenmore Elite King Size Washer, Model#110.82873120. Last night it quit working on the "Spin" cycle. I can still hear and feel the cycle operating, but there is a "clicking" that goes on and the agitator doesn't spin, nor does it agitate during the cycle. The draining mechanism...

Kenmore Elite Washer model 20992991 [ 10 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how to get the TOP off this machine? So far I've tried to pry if off with no success. There aren't any "clips" that I can see... but I can see two screws that are impossible to get to. I have to replace a Bleach Hose that was cut in half by the drum... But I sure can't see how...

Kenmore Elite Dryer Model 110.63932102 will not heat [ 6 Answers ]

My dryer stopped heating although it runs. I confirmed I was getting 240volts at the source. I checked the continuity of the element, the thermal fuse and the thermostat and found that they were continuous. I have read that the thermistor might have something to do with it...

View more questions Search