Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Xapafe Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

Jun 1, 2010, 04:35 PM
    Car Battery Drain? ACC wire short?
    I have a 1990 Toyota Camry I just bought for about 1000 dollars.
    The owner warned me about the draining problem but I bought it anyway and I'm going to fix it myself.

Anyway my battery drains but it's pretty slow. It only drains enough to where if I don't drive it for 3 days it dies.

I've checked the Radio. It is hooked in properly. The Acc wire is correctly matched.

BUT the car stereo still comes on whether the keys are in.

Also the door chime goes off without the keys in the car (I don't know if that is normal or not... )

Anyway

My hypothesis is that the Acc wire has a short.

Other Facts:

And the car has nothing else running of this wire. No amp's or anything.

Also battery and alternator as also less than 3 months old.

Thanks for your time!
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2010, 08:27 PM

Does this car have lighted vanity mirrors? Reason I ask, is because I've found a few that stayed lit when they were flipped up and you couldn't tell.
    Other lights found was the trunk light stuck on. Just a small enough drain to take 2-3 days to drain the battery.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car battery or car generator [ 4 Answers ]

How do you tell if you need a new generator or battery? t-you

Replace car battery [ 7 Answers ]

I own Lexus ES 300 2001.I have been driving this car in NYS for the past 5 1/2 years(mostly 60 miles a day nonstop)I never had any problem with the battery.Should I replace the battery anyway as a preventive measure? If this is the case is it worth to pay $150 for Optima battery rather than approx...

Car battery [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2002 PT cruiser with 27,000 miles and no problem with starting How do I know when to replace the battery?

1995 civic no spark. Short in battery [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1995 honda that has no spark... Several months ago I found out I had a short in my battery.. could have this affected something?

Car battery and engine [ 1 Answers ]

How does going on a long road trip strengthen a car battery? And do long road trips really filter out gunk from car engine?

View more questions Search