Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fkpeak Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2006, 11:53 AM
    Discrimination?
    Hi,
    We have an question about an pargraph that my boss has read on a company purchase order. It stated " During the performance of this contract( or purchase order), the contractor/vendor agrees to comply with all Federal, State and Local Laws respecting discrimination in employment and non-segregation of facilities including,but not limited to, requirements set out at 41 CFR 60-1.4, 60-250.4, and 60-741.4, which equal opportunity clauses are hereby incorporated by reference." We are wondering why the word discrimination was used rather than non-discrimination.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2006, 02:35 PM
    Because it makes more sense saying discrimination.

The government passed laws that deal with discrimination….these laws state that you Can't do it.

The wording makes perfect sense.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Discrimination against height? [ 5 Answers ]

Why has basketball been arbitrarily limited to the taller men? This is like limiting boxing to heavyweights. Why not make this sport available on a professional level to all heights and adjust the height of the basket accordingly. Nothing is lost in the drama of the game.

Discrimination or what? [ 7 Answers ]

My friend is having a real serious problem at her job. About 6 months ago, she went into a new position at her workplace, where she has been 8 years now. She is the plant/office secretary. Three months after she was there, they moved her (and her helper) from her office into a broom closet, or at...

Does this sound like discrimination? [ 9 Answers ]

Does this sound like discrimination? I’ve not been able to visit the dentist in a year because I was rushed into hospital for a hip replacement back in January 2005. Recently I tried to make an appointment with my dentist only to be told that because I had not visited it in a year I had been...

Is This Discrimination ? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a quick question. I live in FL, and a friend of mine was fired because her boss said that she didn't fit in to the 4 person office she was working at. I told her that it is because is was the only black female there. Everyone else was white. She was there only 3 or 2 weeks and her boss had...

Reduction in force(Discrimination)? [ 6 Answers ]

I was told by my employer to search for another job in a conversation about a month ago. No documentation or reason why I should... just that I should search. Next I am given a written counseling stating I failed to meet a deadline and told my employment would end in 2weeks as a "reduction in...

View more questions Search