Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paul ambrosino Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2006, 11:39 AM
    Calculating height of ball thrown
    A ball is thrown straight up at an initial speed of 50m per second. Neglect air resistance, how high does it go
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2006, 03:17 PM
    look up your suvat equations.

You're looking for an equation that uses s, v, u, and a. (s is the height you're looking for)

plug in the numbers and you're done!

let me know if you need any more help
    kesavan Posts: 118, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2006, 10:45 AM
    ^ using v^2=u^2+2as

0=50^2+2*(-10)*s
    so s=125m we assume g=10ms-2

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help with calculating amount of Fe [ 2 Answers ]

I did an experiment involving the gravimetric determination of Iron in Geritol. At the end of the experiment I was left with a product, Fe2O3 that weighed 0.417 g I'm not sure how to calculate the amount of Iron from here. This is what I did. I calculated the molar mass of Fe2O3 to be...

Max height of ball launched at angle [ 1 Answers ]

A golfer hits a golf ball a horizontal distance of 301.5m. What is the max height the ball will reach if it is launched at an angle 25 degrees above the ground?:)

2.5 years thrown away? I don't want to go on [ 16 Answers ]

I love my boyfriend to bits. We've been talking about getting married after I graduate. 2 years ago, when I was on the pill, I got really depressed, and just couldn't cope with my a levels. I came off the pill which seemed to help, and slowly I felt better. I went back on and the same thing...

Dog Won't Eat - Has Thrown Up :( [ 4 Answers ]

This morning my 4.5 year old black lab threw up. He is an outdoor dog, but sleeps in his crate inside at night and when we get home from work he comes inside with us. Usually he sleeps the entire night, but this morning he got us up at 2:30 am (I let him out and back in). Then around 4:30 am...

When should an old lipstick be thrown out? [ 7 Answers ]

I was cleaning out some drawers and found some old cosmetics. I know that all eye and face products should not be used past say six months because of bacteria concerns. Is this true of lipsticks too? When should an old lipstick be thrown out for health reasons? Thank you.

View more questions Search