Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snmalti Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2010, 02:39 AM
    Why does Q4 results being announced in June affect the stock as it is 2 months old?
    Why does Q4 results (31st March) being announced in June affect the stock as it is 2 months old and other events might have overtaken the impact of the result?
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2010, 06:42 AM

Yes, other events might have overtaken the 4th quarter results, but the financials of a company, including older ones, does give you a picture of how that company is doing, how it is run, etc. Companies have to look at what they think might impact things following the date of their financials - it's part of disclosure rules.

Your question is looking at a company from a short-sighted point of view, to only see what has happened in the last month or two. A lot of investors do tend to look at things in this manner, but they shouldn't. They should be looking at the overall picture. How the company is being handled over a long period can have a huge impact on how things might be handled in the future.

In the end, it's really just a crap shoot of what MIGHT happen in the future, which no one knows. So having a good history of the company and how management handles things gives you a better overall view of the company. You have to look past the end of your nose.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why I can't get any results frm yoko for 5 months using according to your instruction [ 1 Answers ]

I am totally disappointed I am nidhil I had using yoko for 5 months I am using it 9 hours per day. I am doing my yoga exercise for 1 hour per day. I am eating protein food. But I can't get any improvement in my hight(even 1 mm). So please give me a proper solution.

No period for five months, but negative test results! [ 8 Answers ]

Hey, I am now on my fifth month of having no period. I have taken so many home tests that I can't even give a number and I guess I have a few symptoms like discharge and tender breasts and feeling nauseus a little. My stomach got a little bigger since no period but I don't really exercise either. I...

2 months no period and negative test results [ 1 Answers ]

Ok the last period I had was March 25,2008, I have been having unprotected sex with my boyfriend since Sep of 2007. I was a little on the irregular side before I started taking birth control but once I started it everything got on the right track, even after I stopped taking the because I was...

Accounting with affect of a stock issuance [ 2 Answers ]

OK this is the question and I've been trying to figure it out but my book isn't helping much so I tried to find a site that would explain it better and couldn't find much... and my mom doesn't know how to do accounting either so not much help there. It's the last question I have to anwer and...

Does secondary pot smoke affect hair folical test results [ 1 Answers ]

I currently rent a house with two other roommates who smoke pot big time. My question is will pot show up when I submit to a hair follicle test, due to breathing secondary smoke in the house? I stay in my room and have never felt any signs of feeling high. Would value any impute based on fact...

View more questions Search